Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade

/ Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade #1  

MFWD

Silver Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC35D with cab, a 2007 New Holland Skid Steer and a 1970's 154 Cub Lo-Boy, 2016 John Deere XUV 550 Gator
Hello,
I am going to make a snow plow for my skidsteer. I know I need to buy a quick attach plate and a friend of mine found me the set-up that goes between the quick attach plate and the plow blade. The question I have is what is a good price on a 7' Diamond trip edge snow plow blade. I can buy a new one from a place in Bernville ,Pa. for $500. I can't seem to find anybody else online that lists a price. Is $500 a good price or is it retail price. Is there anywhere else that I could buy the same blade for less? Thanks for the help !!!

MFWD

/ Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade #2  
While diamond is perhaps not 'top of the line', $500. for any decent 7' blade is a very good price.
In my area a fisher (ex) is probably closer to $5000. with other brands up there as well.
Ex we bought a used Fisher 8' and paid $1000. and were happy with the find.

If the blade is not twisted, min rust and no busted welds then look no further.
Naturally you want the cylinders to be in good shape and not all pitted.

/ Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade #3  
While diamond is perhaps not 'top of the line', $500. for any decent 7' blade is a very good price.
In my area a fisher (ex) is probably closer to $5000. with other brands up there as well.
Ex we bought a used Fisher 8' and paid $1000. and were happy with the find.

If the blade is not twisted, min rust and no busted welds then look no further.
Naturally you want the cylinders to be in good shape and not all pitted.

/ Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade
Hello,
Thanks for the comments. The question that I am asking is about the price of just a 7' Meyers Diamond blade. It doesn't have any mounting hardware or cylinders .....just the bare blade and it is new !!! So is it a good price or is that retail pricing ???? Thanks.

MFWD

/ Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade #6  
Even for 'blade only' I think that it is a good deal. Probably the dealer sold the other parts as spares and is literally stuck with the remaining blade.
Maybe try a $400. offer if you dare to.
Last year we searched high and low for an 8 foot used blade in order to make a pusher for a TN75 and our best find cost us $1000. with the "A" section and cylinders.
Selling the "A"s did reduce the cost by $100. however.
We added 3 ft sides to the blade and created a great pusher to clear a large parking area.

/ Meyers Diamond 7' trip edge snow plow blade #7  
I might keep looking for a used plow with the "A" frame and cyl's. There's a fair amount of fab work to make this up and the cylinders will be around $70 + each. That is unless you just want a "pusher box".