What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor?

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #1  

EricB 81100

Tractor
Mtd Hechinger
I am on the hunt for good tractor to use for snow removal. I also would like to know what your preference is for drive system shaft drive or belt any advice or ideas appreciated.

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #2  
Bolen's tube frame from the 70's such as G10-G14 , 1050,1054, 1254. Two short belts from engine to PTO shaft

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #3  
Grasshopper 723K with a blade up front. I'd rather use this than my 50 hp utility tractor.

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #4  
If you have a large area, or any amount of snow , a small lawn tractor with only 2wd . , you may have problems . I would advise to at least get something big enough to have 4wd. unless you have a small , flat area to do . You didn't give us very much information . My preference would be a shaft , and or chain drive . Keep in mind I live in Maine with lots of snow , I have been the 2wd. route , never again .

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #5  
Grasshopper 725D,

standard.jpg

It's amazing how well this tractor throws snow! It really kicks butt!

SR

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #6  
After looking at snow blowers and ruling out the Kubota 4x4 because of the angle of our road. We have decided to buy a 72" blade attachment for the Polaris Ranger 900xp. The people on the Ranger forum seem to have good luck and the return on investment makes it a good option. Time will tell...

IMG_2996.JPG

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #7  
As far as a lawn/garden tractor. I use a belt drive on my 25hp and like it because something slips when you get something in the blower instead of breaking a pin or driveline component. Whatever you get, get something with hydrostatic drive for blowing snow. My favorite snow removal equipment a 644J Deere loader. CJ

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #8  
I am on the hunt for good tractor to use for snow removal. I also would like to know what your preference is for drive system shaft drive or belt any advice or ideas appreciated.

You asked about Lawn/garden tractors so I wont bother you with bigger toys ( like the one in my AVATAR.
I have an older ( 1986) Cub Cadet. Hydrostatic trani. I have about 200 lbs hanging off the trailer hitch and rear chains...that little guy can push. IF the snow is super wet and high you tend to get pushed sideways as Front end traction is limited by the weight of the machine.

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #9  
Currently been using a cub 3205 with 54" hydraulic blade, 100# rear wheel weights and chains. The differential lock helps on hills.

/ What is your favorite snow removal lawn/garden tractor? #10