Snow Equipment Owning/Operating how good is a farmall H w/plow

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow #1  

farm boy00

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere M&MT, Case 1030 comfort king, Sears ST16, Craftsmen 6000, homemade articulation mini-loader
I'm wondering if anyone out there knows how good a farmall h with plow is. I just got one and it has a plow lift for it and i have a spare snow plow

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow #2  
If your H is a tricycle, you will find that the two narrow set front tires won't steer worth a darn in snow over 10" deep..As a matter or fact, even without the plow you will have a hard enough time making the H go where you want it to in that much snow...Good Luck.. BobG in Va

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow
If your H is a tricycle, you will find that the two narrow set front tires won't steer worth a darn in snow over 10" deep..As a matter or fact, even without the plow you will have a hard enough time making the H go where you want it to in that much snow...Good Luck.. BobG in Va

Correct on tricycle but if it has good brakes that will counter the effect. I had a M with loader being a tricycle it actually did good in snow hauling hay but the usual no counter weight.

My thoughts might be to take the cultivators off possibly snow plow and its probably going to end up I the woods this winter

ForumRunner_20150815_235737.png

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow #4  
Plowed the snow on my long driveway for years with an H. Chains on the tires were mandatory. I also built a plow for it that I could angle, which was a real timesaver for those years with a lot of snow. It had the narrow front and yes, had to use the brakes to aid in steering but you get real good at it in no time. Dress like a snowmobiler!

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow #5  
Hey farmboy, what year is that truck in your avatar...looks like a 97,
just bought one 1997 4x4 power stroke, love it.

Hey farmboy, what year is that truck in your avatar...looks like a 97,
just bought one 1997 4x4 power stroke, love it.

95 Ford 150 4×4 Its a 4 door with a 351. Rare because it's a 150 4 door

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow #7  
As said rear chains needed deep snow or pushing heavy wet snow,be careful on ice farmall sets high.

I know your supposed to have chains but that won't be this winter. Not in the budget even for used. But the tractor still only be for plowing some woods (if the tractor can't get through the snow) and access to the woods if the truck don't have the plow hooked to it

/ how good is a farmall H w/plow #9  
When we had our Farmall H same style rims in your pics with $$$'s low,use old 1/4" and some 5/16" chain,cut strips long enough go thru rim over tire than strong bolt double nut...2 strip per slot cut in rims... drive slow void any sharp turns and it work well thru the winter no harm to rims.

When we had our Farmall H same style rims in your pics with $$$'s low,use old 1/4" and some 5/16" chain,cut strips long enough go thru rim over tire than strong bolt double nut...2 strip per slot cut in rims... drive slow void any sharp turns and it work well thru the winter no harm to rims.

Sound like a very neat idea. I just bought a bunch of chains too at a yard sale and have a box of small chain from installing safety straps for a baby seat on my sold f150