Tips / advice for plowing with a rear blade?

/ Tips / advice for plowing with a rear blade? #21  
Ploughing dirt , gravel or snow ?
around here a rear mounted blade does not work to move snow.

/ Tips / advice for plowing with a rear blade? #22  
Ploughing dirt , gravel or snow ?
around here a rear mounted blade does not work to move snow.

If you get the "lakes effect" type snows, I can understand why. I've had little trouble using a combination of fel and rear blade for snow. The rear blade acts to "clean up" the furrows from the fel which is really the snow mover. The blade handles up to about a 10"s storm with just itself but this is with a 4wd tractor. The op does not have a fel on his machine so he will be at a disadvantage with that 15-20" dump to the extent of which your statement implies..

/ Tips / advice for plowing with a rear blade? #23  
See the part that states "Woods" on the side, try to get this horizontal when pulling snow. The blade will scrape better that way. I have this exact same blade ( for 28 years) but needed something I could off set to get close to buildings. I cut it up and made it into a "slider" type blade.

Yep, I overlooked that one.

To further the information, the reason you want that level is so when you go from angle to straight, or angle the other way, the blade stays level. It has to do with the "plane" that the blade rotates around. With it downhill like showed in the picture, the side of the blade going toward the tractor is headed "downhill" while the side going away is headed "uphill". You can correct that and level things with sidelink tilt adjustments, but when you want to angle the other direction it will be way off again.

Same goes for truck plows. A-frame has to be level otherwise it wont scrape clean on one side of the blade when angled