Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one?

/ Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one? #21  
I mounted a 5 ft plow on my MT180D tractor.
To assure the push arms were parallel to the ground I made a sub frame and also to keep the blade as close as possible otherwise I'd be pushed sideways.
\The farther ahead the blade is the more side push will happen at lower speeds.
Very satisfied as I do believe that I got it all right.
A tractor by design will plow much slower than a truck so the forces are not the same.
The truck literally blasts (or bounces) the snow off to the side while the tractor shoves it over so the forces are not all the same.

/ Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one? #22  
I mounted a 5 ft plow on my MT180D tractor.
To assure the push arms were parallel to the ground I made a sub frame and also to keep the blade as close as possible otherwise I'd be pushed sideways.
\The farther ahead the blade is the more side push will happen at lower speeds.
Very satisfied as I do believe that I got it all right.
A tractor by design will plow much slower than a truck so the forces are not the same.
The truck literally blasts (or bounces) the snow off to the side while the tractor shoves it over so the forces are not all the same.

TBN Bylaws state: "Pictures or it never happened"...

Just saying thay we would all benefit, if you could kindly illustrate your work.

Thanks,
Thomas

PS: Yes, and in addition to simply admiring it, we might all also do our best to plagarize it shamelessly.

/ Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one?
I think he meant that the loader is not removable...at least not easily anyway.

Correct. On the commercial "TLB" the loaders are pretty much permanent. They are integral to the machine, not removable like on the AG machines.

I can remove the bucket with a skid steer style quick release, but that's about it.

ac

AC, I made a mount for a buddy to mount a Boss "V" (complete with all the electrics) on his 7040. Having a cab, wipers & heat, we were also concerned about the 12v. He put on a battery isolator and made a bracket of an extra battery. He plows commercially and has no problems with that set up. He use's the plow electrics with the control cable run into the cab.

So he's running 2 batteries, but the stock alternator? It appears Kubota understands all of those luxuries with the cab use electricity. He has a 60A alternator compared to the 45A standard on an open chassis. He might even have an 80A alternator if he opted for that option.

I wouldn't be so concerned if the alternator wasn't $450! I need to look more closely at the alternator. I wonder if a normal alternator from a truck available at the local autoparts store would fit as an upgrade?

ac

/ Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one? #25  
I didn't find it to be a big deal. Just some simple drop arms to locate the truck pickup points and a lift cylinder off the front weight bar. I run the stock plow cylinders via brake hose sized lines to the loader connections. I like downforce on the plow. The plow usually floats along as the valve stalk has a float position. I can run in top gear down the driveway and onto and beyond the road if necessary. I've even outrun following cars a few times. I also use it to move gravel around on the driveway as necessary. This is not rocket science. I set the shoes abou 3/4 inches below the blade to keep from scalping the gravel. With the plow at 45 degrees, deep, wet snow runs away from this setup. A little hard on the mailbox, though...

I put the york rake on the back for gravel maintenance. Comb it inward with the plow, spread it out and crown it with the rake.

Attachments

• 90402086.jpg
    90402086.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 193
  • PIC00011.JPG
    PIC00011.JPG
    185.4 KB · Views: 180
  • PIC00013.JPG
    PIC00013.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 90402085.jpg
    90402085.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 180
   / Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one? #26  
My loader is easily dismounted though. Don't even have to leave the seat.

Last edited:
   / Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one? #27  
TBN Bylaws state: "Pictures or it never happened"...

Just saying thay we would all benefit, if you could kindly illustrate your work.

Thanks,
Thomas

PS: Yes, and in addition to simply admiring it, we might all also do our best to plagarize it shamelessly.

Hey, the whole build was posted way back with appropriate comments.
I even welded up the blade a la DIY for about $200. or so.
My installation calls for removing the FEL bucket and the lift is generated with a short length of chain from the loader cross bar to the plow frame.
The whole seasonal change over represents about10-20 mins. and truthfully I would not change anything except I did add a side plate to one side of the blade to control spillover when I cleared large surfaces.

Hey, the whole build was posted way back with appropriate comments.
I even welded up the blade a la DIY for about $200. or so.
My installation calls for removing the FEL bucket and the lift is generated with a short length of chain from the loader cross bar to the plow frame.
The whole seasonal change over represents about10-20 mins. and truthfully I would not change anything except I did add a side plate to one side of the blade to control spillover when I cleared large surfaces.

Dug up the old thread for you:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/build-yourself/66045-snow-plow-my-mt180d.html?highlight=plow

ac

/ Frame Mounted Plow, anyone have one/tried one? #29  
I have a thread in "build it yourself" of a frame mounted blade as well as a few pictures of my old plow blade. The old one was manual angle, loader arms for lift. The new one is angle and lift from the loader control ( loader removed). I can not include a picture using my ipad. A search will find the thread(Snow Plow started) . All I need is snow to play with it. None fell here last year.
Cam

Last edited: