Snow Equipment Owning/Operating need to make money ! got questions ?

/ need to make money ! got questions ? #1  

barnplank

Tractor
236 cat skid steer & kubota
I have a 236 cat skid steer loader that I would like to clear snow from parking lots when it snows. don't have any competition where iam but not sure what to chg. $$$$ I was thinking $ 80.00 - 90.00 per hr ? any help out there with what to charge thanks .Barnplank

/ need to make money ! got questions ? #2  
You need to figure out your operating costs first. Fuel, maintnance, depreciation, transportation, insurance, consumables (tires, wear edges, etc.). Then figure out what your time is worth. Asking what to charge without knowing your costs is a good way to loose your ***.

/ need to make money ! got questions ? #3  
Any competition?? What do they do now if it snows? If the answer is someone clears it try to find out what they charge. If the answer is "wait until it melts" then you need to figure out what it is worth to the lot owners to do it differently. Owners likely to prefer a set rate per lot than an hourly rate. If you haven't checked it out take a look at www.plowsite.com, a large forum for commercial snow removal. Can learn a lot there.

/ need to make money ! got questions ? #4  
Welcome aboard
If you are in Union, SC the AVERAGE snow fall for Jan and Feb is only 1.6 and 1.7 inches.
I would not expect windfall profits.

/ need to make money ! got questions ? #5  
I would like to clear snow from parking lots when it snows. don't have any competition where iam but not sure what to chg. $$$$

Welcome aboard
If you are in Union, SC the AVERAGE snow fall for Jan and Feb is only 1.6 and 1.7 inches.

I guess your biggest competition would be....the sun? :fiery: