Snow Attachments How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower

/ How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower #1  

robstaples

Gold Member
Tractor
kubota / L39 TLB, BX2680
I want any mechanical ideas on how not to break the hoses or fittings when I inadvertently raise the FEL and tip all the way down-- Picture A. I'd like to take the slack out of the hoses and mount the cushion valve but too short and I'll break them on some numbingly cold day when I forget I can't do that. Picture B shows the about 3 extra ft of hose. I'm going to order shorter hoses but haven't figured length. I thought of a chain from the cross bar of the fel to the top of the disconnect. Looking for better idea.

Thanks in advance. Rob

Attachments

• DSCN3233.jpg
    DSCN3233.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 2,012
  • DSCN3234.jpg
    DSCN3234.jpg
    973.7 KB · Views: 1,834
   / How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower
Second pictured repeated

Attachments

• DSCN3233.jpg
    DSCN3233.jpg
    1,018.9 KB · Views: 456
   / How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower #5  
The suggestions from the others are good.

You post a picture like this and we need to know more!

Are you running that snowblower off the standard aux hydraulic option? I didn't think there would be enough flow. How's it working out?

ac

/ How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower
I used it in the past, the way I purchased it, with a 4.9 cu in motor and it didn't throw the snow very far. Years later, after looking at the manufacture data and options, they sold the same unit with a 3.6 cu in motor. I've just switched to the 3.6 cu in. Speed is calculated to be the same as the 4.9 with their recommended 15 gal per min. Approx 700 rpm. 13 hp instead of 17 hp. We'll see with first big snow fall. I figure to just go slower. Big advantage in change over. 2 minutes versus 2 days for rear pto pump, hoses, removal of mmm and grass catcher on B3350. Going to build cab next for L39.

/ How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower #7  
I used it in the past, the way I purchased it, with a 4.9 cu in motor and it didn't throw the snow very far. Years later, after looking at the manufacture data and options, they sold the same unit with a 3.6 cu in motor. I've just switched to the 3.6 cu in. Speed is calculated to be the same as the 4.9 with their recommended 15 gal per min. Approx 700 rpm. 13 hp instead of 17 hp. We'll see with first big snow fall. I figure to just go slower. Big advantage in change over. 2 minutes versus 2 days for rear pto pump, hoses, removal of mmm and grass catcher on B3350. Going to build cab next for L39.

I'm curious to hear how it works for you. The L39 is an impressive machine, but it just doesn't have the hydraulic flow most modern skid steers have so I've always wondered how it would do with front-mount hydraulic equipment designed for skid steers.

Please let us know! Video would be cool :).

ac

/ How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower #8  

I'm curious to hear how it works for you. The L39 is an impressive machine, but it just doesn't have the hydraulic flow most modern skid steers have so I've always wondered how it would do with front-mount hydraulic equipment designed for skid steers.

Please let us know! Video would be cool :).

ac

Will do , right after we get a big snow...any snow.. I'll take video. But in advance, with less horse power, it won't do the work of greater hp. I'm in Southeast Michigan, and we get one or two snowblower worthy storms a year. I'm sure this would be frustrating for snowbelt people to have a 39 hp going full blast to tap only 13 hp to move the snow. But to go between bucket and blower in 2 minutes is a treat.

/ How to not break the hoses from a L39 TLB to a Front mount Hydraulic snowblower #10  
I use a bungee cord to keep lines on my grapple out of harms way. It's cheap and works well!