Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways?

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways? #1  

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
I have a Kubota BX25 with a B2789 rear blower, and I was told that if I added wings I might have problems with them pulling me sideways when cutting in to deep snow. Does anyone have any experience with this issue?

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways? #2  
Heavy the tractor less chance more so w/tire chains...traction... also smaller bites of snow depending wetness of snow.

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways? #3  
I can't see how, as long as you're going slow enough for the blower to keep up, that such relatively little snow (in the area of the wing) being deflected into the blower by the wing (i.e. you're not pushing a whole pile of snow) would amount to a gnat on a camel's arse.

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways? #4  
I guess it's all in how they are built. My thinking is that the wing would bend before the BX moved sideways.

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways? #5  
How big of wings and how deep of snow? I have a 48" blower that I added 3" to each side for 54" total-- with of tractor b3350. No issues. I'd agree with they'd probably break before affecting the tractor. Shape : I bolted a stretched "Z" to existing sides ___/```````` sort of.

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways?
The wings I am looking at are Kubota, and add about 2 1/2" to each side. Blower is 51", and tractor is about 50 1/2" with the 2" wheel spacers, so I figure the extra 5" or so is needed.

/ Do wings on a snowblower pull you sideways? #7  
Not as much as hitting a snow covered parking block.