Snow Tonight

/ Snow Tonight
As expected, the weatherman was not correct. We did not get the 7-14" predicted last night. Had about 5" when I left the house at 5AM. It was still coming down in whiteout conditions and was a little hard to see the road driving to work. I'm sure by the time I get home I'll have enough to plow. Winter has arrived.

/ Snow Tonight #12  
One to three inches here in West Charlton, not enough to get tractor out of barn but I'll probably use the 30" walk behind to clear driveway.
DevilDog

/ Snow Tonight #13  
Ended up with 11 inches where I am. Not the 12-18 they predicted but enough to try out the new blower.

/ Snow Tonight #14  
Here in Central Nova Scotia we're expecting around 5-8"of snow over the next 24hrs.

We got 8" out by the airport. Fist time using the truck and V blade! I was surprised how quick it was, and much less cumbersome then I expected. Did 7 driveways in 1.5hrs. Too bad i got up at 4am, just to have work closed for the morning. LOL

/ Snow Tonight
Just came in from plowing. We got a little over a foot. Had about 5" when I left the house this morning and another 7-8" by the time I got home.

/ Snow Tonight #17  
4" of fuff snow than gusty winds kicking in,kinda fun plowing last night...nasty storm coming this Saturday.

/ Snow Tonight #18  
I've lived where I am for the past 31 years. I take the weathermans prediction with a grain of salt. Sometimes they are wrong and other times they under predict. We have had over 20" in a 24 hour period before. The prediction for my area is for more than 24" over the next 48 hours. Lake effect areas can change depending on the wind direction. That's why I finally bought a cabbed tractor. If it happens I'm ready.

The tendency in our area seems to be "sky is falling" scenarios anymore, what with the Weather Channel naming storms and so on. They'd run out of names pretty quickly if they named lake effects. I'm only about 60 miles up the road from you.

/ Snow Tonight #19  
We got just under 3' in the last 3 days with another 2-3" due today. Got to love lake effect! CJ

/ Snow Tonight #20  
We got 8" out by the airport. Fist time using the truck and V blade! I was surprised how quick it was, and much less cumbersome then I expected. Did 7 driveways in 1.5hrs. Too bad i got up at 4am, just to have work closed for the morning. LOL

My last 7 years or so of commercial plowing was with a 9'4" V on my F250. That was the perfect plow/truck combination and I've plowed with just about everything from 1/2 tons to 1 tons. You can move a bunch of snow quick when you get used to them. CJ