Its time east coast

/ Its time east coast #1  

Sprinklerman

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland 1925 Kubota bx 24
Looks like the east coast is going to finally get snow . Who isnt ready ?

/ Its time east coast #2  
Well, the snow blower is still in the shed and I have to put the plow on the quad. The tractor is ready with treated fuel, block heater plugged in and the box blade on the rear. Haven't put the snows on the wife's car yet, but we still have the Jeep for getting around.

I have 3-4 days to prepare.

Looks like your worst case is 3". Ours is 5-11"

/ Its time east coast #3  
I haven't even attempted to put the blower on the tractor yet, still has the pallet forks for moving pellets. I'll hook it up if it ever does decide to snow. We barely got a dusting the other day but the 50mph wind gusts today are taking care of that.

/ Its time east coast #4  
The European model is saying 3 ft here and the U. __ model says 18" to 2 ft. I am hoping for much less. My little sub compact Massey would have a work out with that kind of snow. I will take what comes, we will see. Got a 50 gal fuel tank last week and have over 40 gal for the tractor. Have the chains on the tractor and will put the blade on later as I need the front end loader before then. Ready as I can be. Ed

/ Its time east coast #5  
We got about 4-5" of wet heavy stuff on MLK day. I was hoping that would be it for the year.

/ Its time east coast #6  
Rear blade on. Extra treated fuel on hand. Chains ready. No coffee made yet though. Ready and willing. We'll see about the able part...first time to plow with a tractor.

/ Its time east coast #7  
I just put the plow on the tractor today. I also added anti-gel to the fuel. I have yet to start the snowblower for the season. I'll do that tomorrow after work so I have time to get it fixed if necessary.

/ Its time east coast #8  
We got about 4-5" of wet heavy stuff on MLK day. I was hoping that would be it for the year.

Really? We got 3-4 in of fluff. I shoveled. With a shovel !!!

Having said that, I did use the snowblower for ~ 5 min last week when we got that wet snow/frzg rain event. So know it's ready.

/ Its time east coast #10  
Weather says the south shore of Mass is only getting a few inches. ...good news.