Snow Attachments WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #1  

Kennebago

I have a Kubota L5030HSTC and am debating between two snowplows: a 90" Worksaver with hydraulic angle and a 96" HLA with hydraulic angle. Both are used. The worksaver is about 4 years old and the HLA about 10 years old. I would appreciate any comments on how they compare and which you would choose and why.
Thanks

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #2  
FWIW, I have a HLA 78" plow, the basic model, but with the hydraulic angle, and it seems like it is made well by people who know plows. I am learning that chain suspended plows are good, so you are working with only the weight of the plow digging, and I can't see anyway to convert mine. It works, but floating on gravel isn't an option with my "small" L3400.

P1010940.JPG

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows
Thanks for your input. I have a gravel drive but I am hoping the shoes on the plow will be a big help in preventing digging out too much of the gravel. Plus, I now live in Maine and the driveway is getting well frozen. Late spring snows may be more of an issue. I don't know much and cant find out much about the "Worksaver" plows so unless I get some really positive inputs I will probably go with the HLA.

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #4  
Dont know much about the worksaver brand, but I know that the HLA plows are a quality unit. Probably the most common tractor plow in my area by far (larger tractors).

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #5  
I have a HLA plow and it's great! It does everything I've ever asked of it, and I don't baby it at all. Used it since new 3-4 years now- can't recall which.
See my signature for size of my plow blade: 7'/84".
I try to allow a frozen base before plowing, which isn't always possible, but it is right now.

The blade doesn't need to be hung from chains like truck plows, as long as the loader is strong enough to carry the plow without problem. The weight of the blade helps with plowing heavier snow, and the HLA design, with crossover valve, reduces shock to the FEL. Their plows are designed to be used on tractor FELs.

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #6  
I have a worksaver snowpusher that I just purchased this past fall and I love it. I know that your looking at the worksaver snowplow and if its built anything like the snowpusher, you wont be disappointed.

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows
Thanks for the inputs. Sounds like either could work, but I am leaning to the HLA. Everyplace I look all I see is positive comments and I definitely like the idea of getting the blade back closer to the QA plate on the loader.
Thanks, you guys are great!

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #8  
Thanks for the inputs. Sounds like either could work, but I am leaning to the HLA. Everyplace I look all I see is positive comments and I definitely like the idea of getting the blade back closer to the QA plate on the loader.
Thanks, you guys are great!

Yes, the closer the less strain on the loader. My plow setup is virtually unstoppable. With my Aquiline MPC rear chains and loaded tires I can climb Everest. Pics to follow. :laughing:

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #9  
I have a 96" v-plow on an MX5100 with R4's I imagine the widths of our tractors are pretty close. Even with the 8 foot plow, on a tight bend with the blade angled to max, 8 foot width is barely enough. Obviously 3 inches per side isn't a huge deal, but if you were looking for something to tilt your decision one way or the other, maybe go with the wider plow.

/ WORKSAVER VS HLA Snow plows #10  
Might not be an issue, but consider that the wider the plow, the more it will push around a tractor when angled. The L5030 isn't that heavy a tractor, at 2 tons, but with wide wheel spacing, you should be okay with an 8' blade (I think- check it out?) Paul Short has a similar sized Kubota with a trick front snow plow: his videos, and posts here as 4shorts, if still available, are interesting.