B2320 snow clearing

/ B2320 snow clearing #1  

sierradmax

Silver Member
Tractor
1998 Bobcat 763 & 2009 S-175
I have a 1/4 mile gravel road and a tight spaced crushed stone driveway. Current snow weapon is a B2320 with the 48" bucket and a 72" grader blade. If we're expecting more than a foot, then I'll throw the 3pt snowblower on.

Machine is equipped with the SSQA and have been thinking of adding a 72" hydraulic snow blade or a 72" snow pusher. With my tractor, am I better off with a 60"?

Also, while plowing with the bucket in float, I cannot get enough front axle traction to turn the machine. Dealer suggests loading the front tires.

Opinions?

/ B2320 snow clearing #2  
I have a 1/4 mile gravel road and a tight spaced crushed stone driveway. Current snow weapon is a B2320 with the 48" bucket and a 72" grader blade. If we're expecting more than a foot, then I'll throw the 3pt snowblower on.

Machine is equipped with the SSQA and have been thinking of adding a 72" hydraulic snow blade or a 72" snow pusher. With my tractor, am I better off with a 60"?

Also, while plowing with the bucket in float, I cannot get enough front axle traction to turn the machine. Dealer suggests loading the front tires.

Opinions?

Dont load the front tires, wont amount to much weight help. Its just hard to plow in float, I try and its just not the best way.

/ B2320 snow clearing #3  
Hello Sierramax,

Do you have snow chains and are the rear tires loaded with liquid ballast?

/ B2320 snow clearing
No chains. No Ballast. I have a 600 lb. counterweight. Perhaps chains up front?

/ B2320 snow clearing #5  
Chains up front will help steering. Loaded tires very helpful to offset weight of front loader and improve rear traction. I have a 72" rear blade on my L3200 for snow removal, and it will rudder that much larger/heavier tractor, so I know it's got to be too much for a B2320. I think for a 2320, you'd want a 54-60" blade, maximum.

/ B2320 snow clearing #6  
No chains. No Ballast. I have a 600 lb. counterweight. Perhaps chains up front?
====================================================

The counterweight is only good for the front loader and helps to make the nose of your mule lighter and places the needed adhesion for traction in the wrong place.

You need rear chains and liquid ballast in the rear tires to gain anything.

The thing with front chains is the rolling radius of the tires will be increased and the steering angle will be reduced by the width of the side chains on the inside of the front wheels turning left and right and could get tangled up in the front.

/ B2320 snow clearing #7  

Opinions?

I think a 60" will be a much better fit. I have a 60" on my Mahindra 3016 with loaded tires and chains. It will do an 8-12" snow without hesitation. What is nice about a smaller pusher is that it will also do a 20-27" dump without being stopped as well.

/ B2320 snow clearing #8  
I've used a 72" blade on the back of of my B2620. It's pretty much useless for anything over 4". If just rudders the back end of the tractor until the tractor is angled and the blade is straight. Having aggressive chains on the back tires helped.

For the front, I'd bet that aggressive V bar chains, a heavy counterweight (I used my BH) and relying on the rear brakes for steering would be your best bet. You'd be surprised what V bar chains and those independant brakes can do for steering with enough weight out back.

I don't run loaded tires, but with my BH mounted, I air down the tires slightly to get more contact patch for the V bar chains. It turns the little machine into a bulldozer.

/ B2320 snow clearing #9  
I would first look into front and rear chains and loading rear tires with Rim Guard before I would buy another implement. I don't know for sure if you can put front chains on your particular tractor but check into it.

Then see if you can steer with what you have. Then if you still need more or different implements at least you would know that you have traction.

That's my advice.

/ B2320 snow clearing #10  
Loading the front tires woudl certainly increase traction as would chains. I prefer foam because I do not like flats but there are plenty of liquid options for tire ballast and honestly that will make the tractor handle tasks better and be more stable no matter what you are doing. I'd recommend the ballast no matter what.