which snow blower is better?

/ which snow blower is better? #1  

Jack Yuan

Platinum Member
Tractor
Jinma 504, Jinma 904, DF1604, YTO X1804
For the snow blower mounted on tractor rear 3 point hitch, mostly are working when tractor run reverse. like this:
QQ??20160629084951.jpg

And some are working when tractor run forwarder, like this:
QQ??20160629085059.jpg

I personally like the second one, what is your opinion?

/ which snow blower is better? #2  
For the snow blower mounted on tractor rear 3 point hitch, mostly are working when tractor run reverse. like this:
View attachment 473153

And some are working when tractor run forwarder, like this:
View attachment 473155

I personally like the second one, what is your opinion?

The first one is useful if the tractor does not have clearance under it to pass over the snow.

The second one works very well for larger tractors or when the snow is not so deep.

/ which snow blower is better?
Thank you, it sounds reasonable, I see most snow blower in USA is the first one, I think it is because most USA people's tractor is small tractor with Cat 1, and it sounds the snow is quite heavy here in USA, right?

/ which snow blower is better? #4  
I believe the second is MUCH more expensive. I would guess that most of the conventional blowers are seen on farms and on CAT 2 and 3 tractors which would have clearance for the other style. Of course, it depends on local snow fall. Farmers don't tend to spend unnecessary money.

/ which snow blower is better? #5  
IT is right. The second is more expensive. There is also a 3rd type front mount blower even more expensive. IMO the front mount would be the best to use. You would not have to drive in reverse, less neck and back pain caused by looking over your shoulder, blower hits the snow before you have driven on it so its not packed down.
Other than using a plow or bucket to move snow the 1st pictured rear 3 pt. blower is probably the most economical and widely used.

/ which snow blower is better? #6  
The same year I bought my tractor - the school district had the Kubota dealer mount a snow blower on the front of a new Kubota M7040. It was an unusual looking implement because the pto shaft ran all the way from a "drop down" fitting in the rear to its final destination up front. There were at least two auxiliary carrier bearing installed under the tractor - for the pto shaft. Because the pto shaft came forward from underneath, the FEL could not be lifted very high either.

I almost passed out when the salesman told me that this entire arrangement was an additional $16,000 on top of the price of the new tractor.

/ which snow blower is better? #8  
I have never used the 2nd type but I own the first. And yes you need to drive in reverse, but once you get the hang of sitting side-saddle with your left foot on the pedal it's not bad really. The BIG advantage of not having a front mounted blower (other than cost $$$) is that you can still have your front loader mounted, which is really handy for snow removal.

/ which snow blower is better? #9  
The same year I bought my tractor - the school district had the Kubota dealer mount a snow blower on the front of a new Kubota M7040. It was an unusual looking implement because the pto shaft ran all the way from a "drop down" fitting in the rear to its final destination up front. There were at least two auxiliary carrier bearing installed under the tractor - for the pto shaft. Because the pto shaft came forward from underneath, the FEL could not be lifted very high either.

I almost passed out when the salesman told me that this entire arrangement was an additional $16,000 on top of the price of the new tractor.
Ouch. For that price, they should have gotten one with a hydraulic powerpack on the back, no ground clearance or bucket height restrictions that way.
I have one with a PTO shaft like that, mounted on a L3830, but I got it used and have about $2000 into it (including a 7' front mount Loftness blower).

Aaron Z

/ which snow blower is better? #10  
Our JD will drive through just about any snow we get. Even a four foot drift, not usually a problem if done in good time. So I don't see that being an issue with a pull type. Now if you are trying to blow areas that have had freeze/thaw cycles, forget it!