Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not.

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #11  
A 7.5 wide plow is way too much for your sized tractor.I had a 6.0ft.on a L3130 HST,sub-frame mounted and that was all that it wanted for sure.The Moose plow should serve you well and it will be a lot lighter.We have put them on several ATV's and had good luck with them.

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not.
I agree. The plan would be to cut it to 5 or 5.5 feet.

A 7.5 wide plow is way too much for your sized tractor.I had a 6.0ft.on a L3130 HST,sub-frame mounted and that was all that it wanted for sure.The Moose plow should serve you well and it will be a lot lighter.We have put them on several ATV's and had good luck with them.

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #13  
I agree. The plan would be to cut it to 5 or 5.5 feet.

I Though I would have to cut my plow down when I first made it. I am glad I tried it first.

My GC is about the same size as your tractor, and it pushes my 6' plow with no problem.

Each property is unique. And, my land is flat.

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #14  
Yes, you could use your curl / dump function to control a power angle plow. You can easily adapt a manual angle blade to a QA plate and just manually change the angle. Having power angle is not really important unless you don't want to get off the tractor to manually change the blade angle.
For your $200 about all you can do is adapt a manual blade to a QA plate.

I went with PA so I don't have to get out of the nice warm cab. My tractor has rear remotes so I ran a pair of hoses up to the front and use the remote to angle the blade. I have about $600-700 in my plow and that's just for the QA plate, extra steel bracing, hoses, hyd. fittings, relief valve, misc. welding materials and paint. I already had the used truck plow sitting in the yard.
Maybe, maybe not. If your dump circuit only has regen or fast dump, it won't run a pair of single acting cylinders. Regen applies full pressure to both ends of a double acting cylinder. As the but end is bigger than the rod end (that rod takes up space) it overpowers the rod end & extends. The extra fluid from the rod end makes the cylinder extend faster. Useful when dumping & gravity is trying to extend the cylinder already. If the pump couldn't keep up you'd get air in the cylinders.

As a pair of single acting cylinders are equal, regen will just push on both equally.

My Kubota l3200 & a lot of others are setup with only a regen dump.

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #15  
While it sounds good to have an angle blade you will soon find out that the more snow you load up front the more you slide sideways.
That is mainly because with a tractor we plow slowly while a truck plows at speed thus flinging the snow.

I say this so that you consider seriously the need for power angling that you would not really use.
Angle plowing with a CUT is probably only valid in minor events like 2" or so (which in reality don't need plowing).
When U have 6-10" events a blower is your friend.
With chains on all 4 I have no problem sliding sideways with the plow angled.
A 6-10" or more is no problem.

Attachments

• HPIM0874.JPG
    HPIM0874.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 175
   / Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #16  
With chains on all 4 I can push snow running over top of the plow when angled without sliding sideways.

My L3200 would get pushed sideways with moderate ease with loaded R4s using either my SSQA plow or a 72" back blade. I now chain up the front (and sold the back blade) & don't have to much problem with sideways push depending on how wet & heavy the snow is. I can often push more than the blade can & get some snow coming over the blade. I can now turn when plowing where I couldn't before chains.

I have rear chains, but can't fit them without wheel spacers.

Fallon, I've never heard of regen. How do I know if my 2013 B2320 has it?

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #18  
Fallon, I've never heard of regen. How do I know if my 2013 B2320 has it?
Look in manuals or Google. Somebody here may know.

/ Front Snow Plow - To hydro or not. #19  
If you have a very simple set up to plow, like a narrow driveway, a small parking area, and an easy place to put the snow, you might not mind the manual angling. If more complex, or if you need to plow fairly often, go for the power angle. As mentioned above, tire chains will solve any issues of being pushed sideways when angled.

Gates open.jpg

Thanks all for the replies. FatTire, I have NOTHING like your spot. I went ahead and made the deal on the plow below. The shabby mount will fit my bucket if I don't get a bracket made in time and for $125, its a cheap way in to see if plowing is my thing.

Gonna give it a bath and put the right color on it. Will post when I'm done.

00x0x_bLzhWzpa8oM_600x450.jpg00x0x_dZhFzThPVsR_1200x900.jpg