Looks like we might actually have a winter this year!

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year! #2  
Hmmmm......... Long range wx forecast says my area is in for a "normal" winter - whatever that means. Maybe we may get some snow also. Last couple have been pretty warm & wet which leads to a really dry summer/fall.

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year! #3  
Our normal winter in town is about 70-76", this winter they are predicting around 90". I am about 1000' above the town and I guess I will see about 110-120" if "they" are correct. Anyone have an accurate way to keep track of snowfall? It would be interesting to see how much more I get than town.

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year! #4  
In Missouri a "normal" winter means a t-shirt on Christmas day and an ice storm on New Years Day.

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year!
Joey - I have the free account from Agrible, they send me the weekly weather video. I have my house, the lake, Busch Stadium and some ground in Wisconsin all marked as my fields. It tells me every morning how much rain fell and keeps track of year to date totals...don't know if that would work for snow as well?

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year! #6  
   / Looks like we might actually have a winter this year! #7  
Joey - I have the free account from Agrible, they send me the weekly weather video. I have my house, the lake, Busch Stadium and some ground in Wisconsin all marked as my fields. It tells me every morning how much rain fell and keeps track of year to date totals...don't know if that would work for snow as well?

Thanks, I sent them an email asking if the app also tracks snowfall.

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year! #9  
Thanks, I sent them an email asking if the app also tracks snowfall.

Dogsluvtrux - Agrible emailed me back and advised me to multiply the precipitation x10. (1 inch of rain equals 10 inches of snow) I think I will try their ap this winter.

/ Looks like we might actually have a winter this year!
Not perfect, but I have been pretty impressed with the accuracy overall. I use their rain gauge app on my phone as well, its interesting when traveling for work to see how much it has rained in different places.