New Snowblower

/ New Snowblower #11  
Bob, you may or may not have the same cushion valve on the chute rotation motor as my p-74-inv but be careful as the valve i have uses a very shallow thread depth and my initial hoses were set up with a more standard fitting and i damaged the valve. Pronovost was super cool and helpful in replacing the part. They are very good to deal with and the blowers are really well made- i would have loved a trc inverted blower but no such thing at the time
Enjoy yours

Hey Adventure bob,

I have a down loaded manual for their herd of snow casters.
Send me your e-mail via a PM and I will e-mail a manual to you quickly.

/ New Snowblower
Leonz, Thanks for posting that but most of it doesn't apply to my blower. The chute rotator I have is a direct drive hydraulic motor to the chute. The one in the manual you posted is cable driven from a ram. Adjusting it is relatively easy, its a nice design with the adjuster plate and bolts. How far in or out to adjust it is another issue though.
DSC01665.JPG

/ New Snowblower
Heres a shot of the motor with the gear in place and the position of the motor under the mounting plate

DSC01670.JPG

DSC01666.JPG

/ New Snowblower
Why is the site randomly flipping images sideways?

/ New Snowblower #15  
Hello Bob,

I went through the manuals again last night and all the Pronovost manuals that have the hydraulic rotation option are shown in the specific exploded diagrams.

As the chute rotation hydraulic motor is bolted in place it has no adjustment other than replacing the gear or the mating gear on the chute.

There has to be a little gear "backlash" movement to allow the sprocket to mesh with the chutes replaceable gear teeth section.

You need to call Pronovost in Quebec or the dealer you purchased it from as that hydraulic motor may require B.S.P. hydraulic fittings with B.S.P. (British Standard Pipe O Rings with the blue stripe).

The BSP hydraulic fittings allow more adjustment of the hydraulic fitting to allow them to be connected to steel or two wire hydraulic hoses.

Last edited:
   / New Snowblower #16  
If your holding the smart phone vertical/upright at all times when taking an
image of the snow clearer to post one of the moderators can rotate it for you.

/ New Snowblower #17  
Why is the site randomly flipping images sideways?
Because when you take a picture with your phone/camera instead of rotating the picture and then saving it "right side up" it saves the picture and includes a note saying which side is up.
The forum software doesn't handle that for preview thumbnails which is why they are the wrong direction, but when you load the picture fullsize, it is right side up.

Aaron Z

/ New Snowblower
Pics are off real camera and they are all right side up on my screen and camera. All were shot portrait.

/ New Snowblower
Leonz thanks for the heads up on the BSP fittings. Getting things assembled is mostly from the exploded parts diagram in the back of the users manual.

/ New Snowblower
I talked to my dealer today and the manual I have is the only one he knows of. Ill keep posting progress in case someone buys a similar blower. now if I can figure out how to stop the pics from posting weird....
Fish, would you be willing to post a couple of happy snaps of the lines and fittings you ended up with? The tractor end and the snow blower end.