Snow Equipment Owning/Operating ? snow tracked vs snow studs?

/ ? snow tracked vs snow studs? #1  

jgarnerpod

Tractor
Kubota SVL75 Rubber Track 2012
Just bought 2012 Kubota SVL75 with factory rubber track; have new Land Pride 74" snowblower; slips & slides a lot! any Rx appreciated, Thanks doc

/ ? snow tracked vs snow studs?
Thanks for your reply, I know of 2 & possibly 3 companies: Prowler, ? Goodrich or Goodyear ??? The track has 700 hrs on & wondering about screw in studs instead of new track??? Trouble on grades also

/ ? snow tracked vs snow studs? #5  
I don't know much about tracked SS. I've only used them in warmer weather. Screw in studs would certainly help on slippery surfaces but would be rough on hard surfaces like blacktop. Hopefully someone who drives these in winter will chime in with a better answer.

Thanks doc retired foot dr

George, thanks for the "Welcome," & website

/ ? snow tracked vs snow studs? #8  
Take a look at KoldKutter studs...they use them on snowmobiles and motorcycles that race on ice.
Home page

Thanks, going to try Camoplast ??

/ ? snow tracked vs snow studs? #10  
I can vouch for the koldkutters. One of the methods I've used on old style large diamond pattern turf tires for snow traction using a 2wd tractor with plow on front and blower on back. They work. Issues encountered were surface damage on concrete or blacktop and if used aggressively they'll likely pull out. I try not to spin tires at all if possible. And they will wear down on hard surfaces over time used hard or not. Not sure how they'd work on a track cause turning might tear them out.... I'm currently searching for better solutions for my needs. They work fine on my gravel drive. They're easy to put in with a cordless drill and to remove same. If screws end up coming out they may end up puncturing car tires later fwiw depending the length you use. Longer holds better. There may be nothing that works "better" on glare ice... Although chains with carbide tips etc might work equal.