Snow Attachments Options for turning hydraulic chute

/ Options for turning hydraulic chute #1  

hamr56

Tractor
Allis Chalmers 170
I have been looking through many posts and weighing different ideas, but I wanted to see what you guys think may be the best way to go. I picked up a Woods snow blower with a hydraulic chute to run on the back of my Allis Chalmers 170 that runs off a couple 3/8ths hydraulic lines. The Allis has only two sets of remotes that are both used by the loader. A couple of things I have been rolling around is a Fasse valve, adding an extra set of remotes, or adding some sort of electric/hydraulic pump on the blower. However I am open to any suggestions. Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

blower 1.jpg
blower 2.jpg

/ Options for turning hydraulic chute #2  
A divertor valve is probably your best option and divert hydraulic power from the least used circuit in the loader as you would rarely use both bucket and blower at the same time.
That is a kinda 'either or' situation.
Valve in the $100 range + hose and fittings.
Diverter can be electric remote or manual .

/ Options for turning hydraulic chute #3  
I don't know anything about this tractor and maybe I'm way off on this but from the second photo it looks like there are 2 sets of quick disconnects on the rear. I'm guessing they are for the loader and that 2 are for curl and 2 are for raise and lower. If so, why not disconnect the curl and use those for the blower when blowing? Again, I have no idea what they are or what they are for. Just an idea.

/ Options for turning hydraulic chute #4  
A cheap, small electric winch & some fab work (brackets).

Attachments

• th.jpeg
    th.jpeg
    7.5 KB · Views: 140
   / Options for turning hydraulic chute #5  
A cheap, small electric winch & some fab work (brackets).
A $50-70 12v linear actuator would fit well to dynamically adjust the top deflector as well if you are going electric.

Good chance I'll be going electric on my next blower, depending on what I find used (or not). My current all manual 60" blower fit my old 60" track L3200, but won't work on my new 72" track cabbed L4060.

/ Options for turning hydraulic chute
I don't know anything about this tractor and maybe I'm way off on this but from the second photo it looks like there are 2 sets of quick disconnects on the rear. I'm guessing they are for the loader and that 2 are for curl and 2 are for raise and lower. If so, why not disconnect the curl and use those for the blower when blowing? Again, I have no idea what they are or what they are for. Just an idea.

You are right, that is exactly how the hydraulics work on this tractor. I have had the same thought, but wasn't sure how often I would be switching back and forth.

/ Options for turning hydraulic chute
Great ideas guys, thanks so much to everyone that has responded.