Front plow or rear blade

/ Front plow or rear blade
Brian - sent you a PM

/ Front plow or rear blade #22  
I like the FEL and rear blade combo.

I use a couple of mods for them

1. for the FEL I put a snow edge on it. Nice and solid and wont scrape my driveway
2. Rear blade. I removed the metal at the bottom and put a polyurethane edge on it.

Again.. this is for my driveway so that it doesn't get torn up or scratched like my neighbours. The problem before I put the polyurethane blades was that even in float mode, the difference in elevation and angles made the edge of the FEL and rear blade scrape. Problem solved.

/ Front plow or rear blade #23  
There are several, but they are not cheap. Here are a few. Bison unit is probably the cheapest, but then you get what you pay for. I like the LP unit the best. Whatever you get, be sure to get skid shoes for it.

Land Pride
Bush Hog
Bison
Rhino

"Bison unit is probably the cheapest, but then you get what you pay for"? Really? Maybe the lighter duty Bisons, but I have a NB120-270 9ft Bison, and it's a beast. I compared it to the Land Pride, Bush Hog, and Frontier 9 footers. In my searching, I learned that Bison makes the Frontier blades for JD. Comparing the Bison to your list was an easy pick for me. To the OP, try to locate and visually inspect them and you will clearly see the difference.

"Bison unit is probably the cheapest, but then you get what you pay for"? Really? Maybe the lighter duty Bisons, but I have a NB120-270 9ft Bison, and it's a beast. I compared it to the Land Pride, Bush Hog, and Frontier 9 footers. In my searching, I learned that Bison makes the Frontier blades for JD. Comparing the Bison to your list was an easy pick for me. To the OP, try to locate and visually inspect them and you will clearly see the difference.

I am in luck as I can see several options locally - just need the snow to stop :D

/ Front plow or rear blade #25  
Ok now for the question. Who makes a good rear blade that uses hydraulics, that can be rotated 180 degrees for backwards operation too. I am finding a lot of the hydraulic ones cant be turned around.

Happy new year

I had all the rear hydraulics to run a very nice rear blade. But by the time I added it all up I was near $1500 which is close to the cost of my front blade.
Not sure if you are still debating between front and back blades. I have read about folks who went from a rear blade to a front blade but not a front blade to a rear blade.....I'd say the front blade is an upgrade. I personally just leave my box on the back. I've tried it in the snow as a novelty- but the reality is the blade on the FEL does everything I need. This includes back dragging in front of the garage door and shop door plus the entry to the house and shop.

/ Front plow or rear blade #26  
The rear blade can be used year round so that's a huge benefit. However, unless you only get small amounts of snow the front blade is definitely the better option. I use both, but most of the time I use the front blade with a ballast barrel on the rear rather than the rear blade. I love my LandPride RB3784 rear blade with the hydraulic control, but the front blade handles all snow conditions. I can drive up to the garage door with the front blade raised, curl it down a foot or so, lower it to the surface and drag it back 20' scraping the paved surface clean. After I get the area cleared in front of the door I back up over the pile I created and start the main pushes out away from the house to the road. You can back drag and clean the surface if you curl the blade which angles the cutting edge backwards (that's the key).

/ Front plow or rear blade #27  

Bison makes a very good blade, just not a very good cat 1 blade which is what this guy needs. I considered Bison before I bought my Land Pride RBT45108. The Bison NB120-270 9ft Bison only offsets 24" and the Land Pride went 30", so I went with the LP. I would not consider your blade to be any better than mine, please show-tell us how it is clearly better, other than the color? :confused3:

/ Front plow or rear blade #28  
Powerscol, there are CL apps that notify you of a search result, cPro is one. That might help.
Jim

Powerscol, there are CL apps that notify you of a search result, cPro is one. That might help.
Jim

Thanks Jim
I don't own a smart phone...I am too inept to run it :eek::confused3::D. I keep my dumb cell phone off too most of the time, especially while driving. However I did find a new feature on Craigslist, if you register you can get email updates on searches. So far nothing in my area (100 miles ) but I will keep looking. I cant buy right now anyway - pending rotater cuff repair so I will wait for the spring sales.

/ Front plow or rear blade #30  
For anyone with a BX;Kubota sells a front mounted blade;I believe manual operation.

I own a BX, with the Quick Attach up front, and the loader mount plow blade (B2672). I had my dealer install the Land Pride 3rd function kit and the B2671 hydraulic kit so it can be adjusted from the seat. A little pricey but it makes it easier to plow the multiple directions of my parking area.