Front plow or rear blade

/ Front plow or rear blade #1  

powerscol

Veteran Member
Tractor
CT 235
During this last storm I noticed the neighbor using his rear blade (angle type,, not box). He was driving forward and plowing behind. Did a good job. He did have so snow go over the top, but it is a BX unit. If it got too deep he used his bucket for some of the snow. It got me to thinking this might be another way to go. I do have a box blade, that will push straight back, but bucket works better.

There are lots of choices out there on both units - thoughts?

Meanwhile still looking for a good SSQA set up.

/ Front plow or rear blade #2  
I have that setup and like it a lot :) rear blade pull snow from buildings etc. scrape driveway down to gravel,front blade plow and push snow banks way back.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 2,174
  • 3A.JPG
    3A.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 780
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    246.1 KB · Views: 769
Last edited:
   / Front plow or rear blade #3  
I have a rear blade and use the loader to shove the piles back. In previous winters when I was a lot younger I used a front end loader for snow removal, so I am no stranger to that system.
My snow blower didn't get on this year. My arthritic hands won't allow me to work with cold steel, cold nuts and bolts and cold tools.

/ Front plow or rear blade #4  
The rear blade makes you either back up non stop and strain your neck, or drive forward and drive down all your work and struggle as the tractor is always in the snow, so traction is reduced.
Front blade makes sense to me, but it far more expensive and complicated. Most use rear blade because its simple and cheap.

/ Front plow or rear blade #5  
I plow a few miles of rd. with a rear blade every snow fall never found it a problem. Far more versatile around buildings and you have the loader to pile the snow.

/ Front plow or rear blade
Ok now for the question. Who makes a good rear blade that uses hydraulics, that can be rotated 180 degrees for backwards operation too. I am finding a lot of the hydraulic ones cant be turned around.

Happy new year

/ Front plow or rear blade
I have that setup and like it a lot :) rear blade pull snow from buildings etc. scrape driveway down to gravel,front blade plow and push snow banks way back.

I am curious as to how you have the plow blade attached to the bucket? Can it be angled? Looks like a neat set up.

/ Front plow or rear blade #8  
Be cautioned on "pushing"with any type of rear blade;your can break some expensive parts quickly.Tractors were designed to pull not push.
You don't need an hydraulic angle rear blade for snow removal;nice but you don't need it.Just a blade wider than your track when angled.
I use a 8ft.front blade and a 7ft.rear for my snow removal duties.
For anyone with a BX;Kubota sells a front mounted blade;I believe manual operation.

/ Front plow or rear blade #9  
Ok now for the question. Who makes a good rear blade that uses hydraulics, that can be rotated 180 degrees for backwards operation too. I am finding a lot of the hydraulic ones cant be turned around.

Happy new year

There are several, but they are not cheap. Here are a few. Bison unit is probably the cheapest, but then you get what you pay for. I like the LP unit the best. Whatever you get, be sure to get skid shoes for it.

Land Pride
Bush Hog
Bison
Rhino

/ Front plow or rear blade #10  
Made with 1/4" steel.
Bottom plate from cutting edge to first curl in bucket,piece 1/4" plate added to bucket back side for strength.
Frame fasten in place with 4- 5/8" grade 8 bolts.
Front of frame weld 1/4" L's for support less stress on frame bucket when pushing.
2- 3/4" grade 8 bolts for pins.
Plow ears/pin holes have 2- 1/4" L's.

Manuel pin swing for blade setting.
Plow $100,Iron etc. $60.
7 years done everything I ask of it and more.

Attachments

• PF7.JPG
    PF7.JPG
    223.5 KB · Views: 540
  • PF5.JPG
    PF5.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 427
  • PF4.JPG
    PF4.JPG
    260.1 KB · Views: 380