First winter snow of the season

/ First winter snow of the season #1  

Tinstafl

Silver Member
Tractor
1979 Yanmar 2016 Kioti 9020 Power Shuttle
Well I have used a snow plow before but not a tractor to remove snow. I have. Very long and steep gravel road and a dame at the bottom with water on both sides. I used my 96 in back blade and gauge wheel and made short work of it. Two passes and I was done. No huge issue picking up gravel, well too much of it anyway and the width made it fast work. The ag tires climbed the hill well and did not spin even pulling the snow off the roadway. I was sick and it was one degree and the Kioti started right up and twenty mins later I was done and back in the house. So much easier then pushing the old snowblower.

Plowing snow by tinstafl, on Flickr

/ First winter snow of the season
It did work ok. I was worried with the hill and the pond but no issues. We just do not get enough snow here to warrant any other removal options. In fact it is odd that we were minus one the last couple days but it will be mid sixties Thursday and rain and it was 68 before the cold hit.

/ First winter snow of the season #4  
That's showing old man winter he's no match...nice setup. :thumbsup:

Hope your feeling better.

/ First winter snow of the season
Thanks, I am finally feeling better till I exert myself thenthe coughing starts up again. I will say if I knew it would work this well I would have had a small tractor a long time before this.

/ First winter snow of the season #6  
Nice setup. We haven't had a significant snow here yet. I admit that I'm kind of looking forward to it when it does happen. This was one of the reasons we went with a cab.