Snow Attachments Nor- Trac 3 pt. Snow Blowers.. Pros and Cons to their performance ???

/ Nor- Trac 3 pt. Snow Blowers.. Pros and Cons to their performance ??? #1  

DaveOmak

Platinum Member
Tractor
'53 Jubilee
I'm thinking of a snow blower to purchase.. Anyone have videos of their blowers operating..

Do you recommend the Nor-Trac units.. I'm thinking of the 72 or 76" blower to mount on the rear of my Jubilee...

/ Nor- Trac 3 pt. Snow Blowers.. Pros and Cons to their performance ??? #3  
One issue not enough buyers consider is the height of their tractor's pto above the ground compared to the height of the blower's pto connection.

If your pto runs at much of an angle the life of the u-joints is shortened considerably.

This chart illustrates the difference.

282dc37.jpg

Dave M7040

/ Nor- Trac 3 pt. Snow Blowers.. Pros and Cons to their performance ???
George.....

some great videos.... thanks very much.... I had trouble with the "40'" blows snow.. looks close enough for me...
=============

Dave....

Very nice tool to figure out drive angle... I've never seen that before.... Thanks for that....
=============

Dave

/ Nor- Trac 3 pt. Snow Blowers.. Pros and Cons to their performance ??? #5  
Some additional thoughts after helping a few other snow blower owners.

Find out the cost and availability of the gear box. Better machines have gear boxes and PTO shafts made by Comer an Italian company with offices world wide including USA.

The gear box is the one thing that you cannot fix or repair with off the shelf parts. Sprockets, chains hydraulics all can be made to work with a bit of ingenuity. Not the gearbox.

Some tractor driven snow blowers, including smaller ones for front mounting on Kubota tractor, have a gear box like a walk behind snow blower, i.e. between the two halves of the auger.

When these fail it is a disaster and replacement costs are at least $700.

fmla4h.jpg

These two videos are just to give you an idea of the Comer company and their products and American representatives.

comer pto shaft - YouTube

Comer Gearbox Suppliers - Why Buy From Us - YouTube

Dave M7040

/ Nor- Trac 3 pt. Snow Blowers.. Pros and Cons to their performance ???
Dave M7040.... Very interesting.... thanks very much.... Do I need to contact Nor-Trac or do you have that information that you may be willing to share.... Maybe in a PM so as to not lose your objectivity on this subject.....

Dave