Snow clearing action on our street today (Video)

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #1  

tractorgp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
Picked up some of the activity on the security camera and the rest (clearing my driveway) with the regular camcorder. We had about 34 cm of snow last night and got some drifts over 2 feet.

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #2  
Those two guys trying to pull that ATV should be banned from driving on any public road during Winter months...... :confused3:

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #3  
At least your idiot neighbors finally got out of the road.... Surprised someone with a plow truck did not come by and shove both of them into the ditch..... :)

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video)
Those two guys trying to pull that ATV should be banned from driving on any public road during Winter months...... :confused3:

Was a bit pathetic alright.

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #5  
Around here that John Deere payloader would have a wing plow on it in combination with the front plow.

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #6  
This is our street. The city has 4 or more of these units and of course, they blow into trucks when necessary.

Attachments

• Snowgo Jan 2010 I.jpg
    Snowgo Jan 2010 I.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 200
  • Snowgo up close Jan 2010.jpg
    Snowgo up close Jan 2010.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 232
   / Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #7  

Drunk? I hope.

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #8  
I think it's funny how you referred to snow depth in both cm, and feet, all in the same sentence. :)

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #9  
Drunk? I hope.

I dunno. Two days ago I got the bright idea that I wanted to drive a 1200 pound load over to my point of land in my truck without need to plow it all out again. And so I left from the plowed public access, drove past the ice houses, and at 50 mph was skipping along through the snow drifts. About a mile up the lake, I started thinking my idea was really stupid, as I realized that if I slowed down, I'd high center my truck and be endlessly stuck.

And so I motored on.

I was slowed down by drifts to about 40 mph as I approached my shoreline, but once on the shoreline I kept on hammering on right past where I intended to drop my load in the hopes of getting east enough to where I had plowed along the shoreline. Imagine how my apprehension dissipated when I reached the plowed portion of my property and I slowed way down. Although the snow had drifted, It was good to see windrows of snow on either side where i had cleared a path with my tractor.

And so I followed my path along the shoreline to the east until I realized the snow was drifting higher and higher! Although I could see my goal, too late, I realized I was screwed. I got about 150 feet into a 3' high drift. This is what my truck looks like with about a foot of snow under its tires.

31546444583_8120586c6f_o.jpg

An hour of shoveling later and I had another truck and two snowmobiles and three friends convinced we didn't need to get my tractor to dig everything out. Two hours after that and it is fair to say that we all regretted not sending me home for my tractor.

/ Snow clearing action on our street today (Video) #10  
Where's the 3ft drift??

What, no shoveling pics??? :)