snowplow size

/ snowplow size #21  
Just my opinion but 8' is way too big and that is what you will regret. My friend has a 7.5' on a grand L 45hp and it will push him around. That tractor is significantly larger than yours. My truck was 6.5' wide and I always thought an 8 would've been better than a 7.5 for coverage when angled. By that math you should be good with 6' wide for coverage of tires. 7' more than enough.

/ snowplow size #22  
I have a 84" Erskine SSQA on my 45 Hp Yanmar- I don't have chains yet, and on ice with max angle the front gets pushed around a lot. Plow works great though, no complaints!

/ snowplow size
ok, i hope to order this plow today...and it will be a 7 footer...thanks

/ snowplow size
got it...im convinced.... i keep thinking im operating a D 8

/ snowplow size #25  
gravelman here..i have a Kubota 2650 i was going to put a light weight 8 foot plow on it... might be too big, Perhaps 7 footer in the 600 lb range would better.. anyone out there with suggestions ?? i like the Erskine too.
My new acquired 7.5 Curtis snowplow (approximately 650lbs) appears perfectly matched to my Kubota L2900 with a LA480 Loader (multiply loader model number x 2 to obtain approximate lift capacity, 960lbs).

/ snowplow size #26  
Ok you guy are informative, I need help. I have 66 wide 4 X 4 Farmtrac tractor with out implements she weighs 3050. I receive about 3 to 18 inches of snow, some times it's light and fluffy easy to push a way, then if it late in the season the snow is wet and sticky. I can push ok going backwards down hill if I go up hill I slide to much should I get chains or a front blade?
Thank you,

/ snowplow size #27  
Ok you guy are informative, I need help. I have 66 wide 4 X 4 Farmtrac tractor with out implements she weighs 3050. I receive about 3 to 18 inches of snow, some times it's light and fluffy easy to push a way, then if it late in the season the snow is wet and sticky. I can push ok going backwards down hill if I go up hill I slide to much should I get chains or a front blade?
Thank you,
My opinion= chains
If your sliding going up hill with a rear blade you will likely slide going up hill with the front blade.
Chains make a huge differance

/ snowplow size #28  
Thank you,

My tractor is also 66" wide with a 7 1/2' front mount QA plow. Weight is around 5600 lb. I plow several driveways and one is pretty steep. The owner cannot get anyone with a truck to plow because the truck can't get up the driveway. Trucks have tried driving up to plow down but can't get up the hill. If they try plowing up hill and only get so far. Then they are screwed with a big pile of snow they can't get around.

With chains on all 4 wheels I can drive up their driveway (with plow raised) through 6-8" of snow then turn around and plow downhill. If snow is deeper than that I have to take the bucket and plow uphill till I can't go anymore then back up and dump. Then get another run going up hill, back up and dump eventually making it to the top. Without chains I can't get up the hill. They make a big difference. No matter what you use use to plow its very hard to plow uphill.

/ snowplow size #29  
My tractor is also 66" wide with a 7 1/2' front mount QA plow. Weight is around 5600 lb. I plow several driveways and one is pretty steep. The owner cannot get anyone with a truck to plow because the truck can't get up the driveway. Trucks have tried driving up to plow down but can't get up the hill. If they try plowing up hill and only get so far. Then they are screwed with a big pile of snow they can't get around.

With chains on all 4 wheels I can drive up their driveway (with plow raised) through 6-8" of snow then turn around and plow downhill. If snow is deeper than that I have to take the bucket and plow uphill till I can't go anymore then back up and dump. Then get another run going up hill, back up and dump eventually making it to the top. Without chains I can't get up the hill. They make a big difference. No matter what you use use to plow its very hard to plow uphill.

Thank you, what type of chains do you like, and where do you buy them? Studs or no studs.

/ snowplow size #30  
Thank you, what type of chains do you like, and where do you buy them? Studs or no studs.

My rear chains are plain 4 link ladder chains. Bought them from local TSC store as they had in stock. Would have preferred 2 link chains but I can always add cross links to mine to make them 2 link if needed. Front chains I made from car tire chains I had. They use the V bar cross links.
Here's a few sites for tractor chains though there are many.

TireChain.com is Where to Buy Tire Chains | Best Tire Chains
Tire Chains - Snow Chains - Buy Tire Chains - Order Snow Chains - Tire Chains Cars, Trucks SUV's - Tirechainsupply.com
Tractor Tire Chains
Tractor Tire Chains | Free US Shipping | Global Shipping Available

Tires are not studded but I read a few threads here of members that did stud their tires.
If money was no object I'd have ordered new Aquiline Talons or V bar chains for all 4 tires with cross links every 2 links. But, what I have is working.