Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Last year I purchased an old paper parts book covering the Deere 270 snowblower which was manufactured by McKee and is McKee's 720. It sounds like one of my auger bearings is shelling and so I scanned the relevant pages from the parts book to get the bearing part number and am attaching those scans as two PDF files for posterity.

The JD 9209 bearings used are available everywhere.

AllPartsStore.com Part: A-JD929 BEARING, BALL

Shoup Manufacturing.

A-JD929 Bearing - BEARING, SPHERICAL PRELUB JOHN DEERE OEM part Engine, Bearings, Engine, Bearing, Ring buy A-JD929 Bearing - BEARING, SPHERICAL PRELUB - price: $13.84 | GLOBALPARTSZONE

Attachments

• Deere 270 Snow blower 1.pdf
    465.4 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Deere 270 Snow blower 2.pdf
    402.3 KB · Views: 1,451
   / Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #2  
Last year I purchased an old paper parts book covering the Deere 270 snowblower which was manufactured by McKee and is McKee's 720. It sounds like one of my auger bearings is shelling and so I scanned the relevant pages from the parts book to get the bearing part number and am attaching those scans as two PDF files for posterity.

The JD 9209 bearings used are available everywhere.

AllPartsStore.com Part: A-JD929 BEARING, BALL

Shoup Manufacturing.

A-JD929 Bearing - BEARING, SPHERICAL PRELUB JOHN DEERE OEM part Engine, Bearings, Engine, Bearing, Ring buy A-JD929 Bearing - BEARING, SPHERICAL PRELUB - price: $13.84 | GLOBALPARTSZONE

Eric
All very useful info.
On another post an owner of a McKee 220 was agonizing over finding a sprocket key and set screw wanting the part numbers so he could go into a dealership and know what he was talking about.

All he needed was some key stock 1/4" x 1/4" and a 5/16" NC set screw.

We forget how little some owners know and how basic the help they need can be but without the parts diagram, no one can help them.

Are you aware of anywhere that supplies the gears for the smaller McKee's whose gears just run in the open with no lube?

Dave M7040

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #3  
Thanks, again, Eric. Great info for future ref, (hope I'll never need it but....).
Bob

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams
Eric
All very useful info.
On another post an owner of a McKee 220 was agonizing over finding a sprocket key and set screw wanting the part numbers so he could go into a dealership and know what he was talking about.

We forget how little some owners know and how basic the help they need can be but without the parts diagram, no one can help them.

Are you aware of anywhere that supplies the gears for the smaller McKee's whose gears just run in the open with no lube?

Dave M7040

Dave I didn't cross reference those gears buy I wouldn't be a bit surprised to learn that they too are common as McKee invented the modern two-stage snow blower and they build blower and components for people all over the place under names of New Ideal, McKee, John Deere, and others. I didn't scan in the oil-bath gear case because it that shelled, I'd just get another used McKee blower. Neither did i scan in the zillion different shut configurations from full hydraulic to manual adjustment.

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams
Eric
All very useful info.

Dave M7040

Follow-up: the McKee 720 or Deere 270 snow blower takes 3/8" x 3/8" key stock on the blower side of the driveshaftt. Lost my key this winter and had to make a new one.

Also, as an experience-based tip: should you lube up the driveshaft pin, leading to your driveshaft pin disengauging allowing the driveshaft to fall off the PTO output and you drag the driveshaft around for miles, and this happens not just once, but twice, a� small 1/4" hose clamp does a really good job of holding the PTO lock pin in place.

Note the location of the hose clamp.

39610674435_dc5903e3f3_o.jpg

39610678055_1c04d81e90_o.jpg

My 1960s McKee 720 in action.

Last edited:
   / Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #6  
Just picked up a Mckee 720 today and was wondering if the augers are still available. About the only thing wrong with it, previous owner ran frozen cow turds through it and destroyed the auger flighting, the shaft is still straight but the lower flighting maybe just beyond saving. These are 540 blowers right? It has a 1k coupler on it which threw me off.

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #7  
Just picked up a Mckee 720 today and was wondering if the augers are still available. About the only thing wrong with it, previous owner ran frozen cow turds through it and destroyed the auger flighting, the shaft is still straight but the lower flighting maybe just beyond saving. These are 540 blowers right? It has a 1k coupler on it which threw me off.

McKee has not existed for decades.

Special parts like augers would only be available from scrap yards and not likely even there.

I had a 720 and would suggest having two augers is not necessary. Put one good auger on the bottom, shorten the chain and try it for a winter.

They are 540 rpm.

Dave M7040

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #8  
I realize that but since they supplied them for John Deere and other brands I figured that at least deere would have taken over parts MFG for them. I see tons of the Deere 270 models blowers out there and there are Deere parts manuals readily available would think deere would still supply parts.

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #9  
I doubt you will find parts. Years ago when I got mine I swapped the bottom and top augers. Check the bearings while you have it apart. Those can be gotten at the parts store.

/ Deere 270 McKee 720 Parts Diagrams #10  
We shelled the gearbox on our 720 mckee so it's probably scrap beings they've been gone for decades.