Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video)

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #1  

tractorgp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
In this video I'm clearing the central area of the driveway with the snow blower and fel (bucket work near the end of video)

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #2  
Sure beats a shovel. lol.
Nice setup.

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #4  
Not sure if it's possible on a BX, but have you ever considered trying to save your back/neck by sitting side saddle and using your left foot and left hand to drive and steer?

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video)
Not sure if it's possible on a BX, but have you ever considered trying to save your back/neck by sitting side saddle and using your left foot and left hand to drive and steer?

I haven't tried it and not sure it would work for me on the BX. I've been lucky so far I don't even notice my back/neck (just found wood). I was thinking about large rear view mirrors to help out. If I went that way I would likely clear out the two entrance areas near the road last to keep cars from entering while I'm working - actually I use that approach now but I'm not 100%

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #6  
Nice video . We never got any snow from that storm . I guess we were just lucky .

Nice video . We never got any snow from that storm . I guess we were just lucky .

Luck is kind of relative when you have a tractor and lots of snow :)

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #8  
I noticed that once you get into the 36" snow, you have the same problem as me. The top of the snow goes over the top of the blower. To fix this, I got some lexan from work and 5 pieces of stainless steel about 12" long by 1" wide and about 1/4" thick.

I bent the pieces at about 35degrees with one end slightly longer. I think the bend ended up about 8" from one end. I bolted these to the top of the blower, then bolted the lexan to the underside of the angled pieces of stainless. This formed a guide to help push the snow down into the auger.

Haven't had the chance to try it yet. Haven't had a deep enough snow fall out here.

I noticed that once you get into the 36" snow, you have the same problem as me. The top of the snow goes over the top of the blower. To fix this, I got some lexan from work and 5 pieces of stainless steel about 12" long by 1" wide and about 1/4" thick.

I bent the pieces at about 35degrees with one end slightly longer. I think the bend ended up about 8" from one end. I bolted these to the top of the blower, then bolted the lexan to the underside of the angled pieces of stainless. This formed a guide to help push the snow down into the auger.

Haven't had the chance to try it yet. Haven't had a deep enough snow fall out here.

That's interesting Dan - can you post a picture? More snow coming starting Monday so you might have a chance to check it out.

/ Kubota BX clearing out 36 inches snow after blizzard (video) #10  
Nice video, but I'd have a stiff neck with a rear unit.