Husqvarna 330P belts

/ Husqvarna 330P belts #1  

mrmikey

Veteran Member
Tractor
Iseki TM3160
Bought a Husqvarna 330P last year so this year I figured I buy a spare of the drive and blower belt. Ahhhh....no, not gonna happen, $65 for the blower belt and $30 I think it was for the drive, not a chance in he77 I'm going to pay that kind of money for a 1/2" and a 3/8 V belt.
Looked on line for cross, nothing. I took them off and going to go in town tomorrow and get 'em matched up at a local industrial supplier. I have nothing against profit, they're not in business for charity but sheesh, I could have at least got kissed first before they tried to bend me over :).....................Mike

/ Husqvarna 330P belts #2  
Hello Mike,

I felt the same way when they wanted 120 and change for JD belts and I went to an A116 V belt for the driven belt for my 44 inch JD snow caster.

NO worries, every V belt and every bearing is metric and the SAE equivalent is easy to find.

The V belt ID numbers are melted into the top carcass cover. If you can, purchase the V belts made with the Kevlar thread as they absorb shock loads better and last longer.

/ Husqvarna 330P belts
Easier said than done. I've tried every combination and cannot find one for the auger drive. Traction drive was fine, auger not so much. Thankfully my local supplier has no problem returning belts especially when I told him what I was doing.
I don't have the numbers in front of me at the moment but one belt was too short, the next size was too long. I think it's a matter of the width, the different designations, (cannot remember the actual numbers ) have a 1/32" difference of the width. I'm going to keep trying, no way a V belt is worth $65.......Mike

/ Husqvarna 330P belts #4  
If you can find someone with a DAYCO V belt measuring tool you will know the right A and B belt sizes to order as it is correctly marked with the proper groove sizing gauge and the belt length gauge in an all in one tool.

Once you use a V belt measuring tool you will know the exact size you need.