Frontier Snowblower

/ Frontier Snowblower #2  
If you look at pictures of them both it's almost a mirrored image including the Kubota brand L2674 which I have. Look at shoe design, chute and overall body shape=same.By the way Great blower behind my Grand L3540, must blow snow 75 foot or more, I could;t be happier with mine.
DevilDog
IMG_0856.jpgIMG_0863.jpgLa2674-2.jpg

/ Frontier Snowblower #3  
Is this snowblower pretty much the same as a BerVac Blizzard snowblower? I think I read somewhere that BerVac makes Frontier blowers?

Don't know about the comparison but do own a Frontier blower and recommend it.

/ Frontier Snowblower
Thanks for the replies.

I think that BerVac/Rad Tech makes the Kubota ones too. Does Kubota still sell snowblowers?

3 Point Hitch Snow Blowers

How well do these snowblowers do with wet heavy snow?

/ Frontier Snowblower #5  
In wet heavy they are all about the same, badly, LOL
Mainly your technique is your best asset, otherwise known as 'trial and error'.
On the other hand my take is small bites and don;t stop, you stop and the chute clogs up.
Best bet is wait 'til it gets colder.

/ Frontier Snowblower
In wet heavy they are all about the same, badly, LOL
Mainly your technique is your best asset, otherwise known as 'trial and error'.
On the other hand my take is small bites and don;t stop, you stop and the chute clogs up.
Best bet is wait 'til it gets colder.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Would a bigger diameter fan make a difference?

/ Frontier Snowblower #7  
Bigger fan blade would increase velocity and more blades (4 vs 3) increase volume.
But with wet sticky snow you will always have clogging with all configurations.
My friends 24" 4 blade clogs just as much as my smaller 3 blade in certain snow conditions (wet 'snowball snow')

/ Frontier Snowblower #8  
Is this snowblower pretty much the same as a BerVac Blizzard snowblower? I think I read somewhere that BerVac makes Frontier blowers?

Frontier 7' Snowblower (SB1184)

I bought a new "old stock" SB1174 Frontier blower last year. The dealer told me it was manufactured by RAD.

Does a good job... Definitely spray the chute and fan with Pam or similar product to minimize clogging.

/ Frontier Snowblower #9  
3 Point Hitch Snow Blowers
Yes Kubota still sells snow blowers but I believe that RAD makes them for Kubota and if you look at their build web build page, they offer front or three point snow blowers. Mine does work pretty well on wet snow if you do as some say, keep PTO speed up and move slowly. Second stage fan size is also a plus, mine has a 24" four blade fan but I believe I saw somewhere that some manufacture is offering a 5 blade fan. Not sure if any better then the 4 but who knows someday someone may make a 8 blade, Lol. But only used mine once this winter, not complaining though.
DevilDog

Thanks for the replies.

I think that BerVac/Rad Tech makes the Kubota ones too. Does Kubota still sell snowblowers?

How well do these snowblowers do with wet heavy snow?

/ Frontier Snowblower #10  
It would be so easy to make single stage snow caster for a rear mount with or without a motor(sigh).