15$ braket to save 500$

/ 15$ braket to save 500$ #1  

Phil48

Silver Member
Tractor
CK20 HST
After 5 year of excellent service my Martin snowblower just had a major breakdown! The retaining clip inside the bearing failed and the driving shaft was push out. The driving chain was out of line and pretty much destroyed everthing on his path...

1 pic the push out shaft:
souffleur 2  bearing.jpg

the chain got multiple fracture - scrap !
souffleur chaine bris.jpg

The thoot fairy paid a max on that one:
souffleur dents bris.jpg

a small bracket 15$ could have prevent that mess... In the event the bearing clip fail, it wont misaligned the hole chain of command!
souffleur 1 réparation.jpg

After being out of service for a week it's amazing how quick a bill will runup that fast! 500$
souffleur réaligner ok.jpg

On more expensive snowblower I saw that little clip being installed - standard-

This forum is so great, and hepl me so much, I just thougt I let you know - If you have time it's a great upgrade!

Phil

PS I just tested the new and improved Martin in our last 2' of snow, just great!

/ 15$ braket to save 500$ #2  
Wow, Phil. Sorry about your bad luck. Whoever built my old no-name blower solved that problem by putting a collar (with set screws) on the shaft just inside the bearing and then welded a nut onto the shaft next to the collar to make sure it would never move. I repeated that when I rebuilt (and narrowed) the blower, but your bracket would be much simpler. Thanks for the heads-up.

/ 15$ braket to save 500$ #3  
Wow. Great tip! Did you have to replace both gears? Did you get them directly from MK Martin?

/ 15$ braket to save 500$
Wow, Phil. Sorry about your bad luck. Whoever built my old no-name blower solved that problem by putting a collar (with set screws) on the shaft just inside the bearing and then welded a nut onto the shaft next to the collar to make sure it would never move. I repeated that when I rebuilt (and narrowed) the blower, but your bracket would be much simpler. Thanks for the heads-up.

Clever solution !

/ 15$ braket to save 500$
Wow. Great tip! Did you have to replace both gears? Did you get them directly from MK Martin?

Yes, both where pretty much destroy, my dealer order those part, not shure if there're original Martin replacement part?