UHMW recommendations

/ UHMW recommendations #31  
I have no idea what temp it becomes pliable at. If you look up HDPE in Wiki and I'm sure its listed there. I bolted this piece on using the three lead bolts. Then using two or three head guns, warmed the steel up from the bottom side. (implement was upside down for this) This does take some time to make it all hot enough and the plastic evenly warmed up at the same time. After the temp seems high enough, using a piece of wood against the plastic, bent it down with a few clamps and hold it in place.. After its firmly clamped down, then spray some water on it all to lower the temps. If you didn't get it warm enough, it will pop back to its original form quite a bit. Its not a very easy process to do.

/ UHMW recommendations
I have no idea what temp it becomes pliable at. If you look up HDPE in Wiki and I'm sure its listed there.

Good idea!

Its melting point is around 130 to 136 °C (266 to 277 °F)

Not sure at what point it becomes "plastic" but it seems like maybe 200-225° would be a good starting point.

Wish I didn't have so much other stuff to do this year, there's lots of interesting Tractor stuff to suss out and do...

/ UHMW recommendations #33  
Garland Manufacturing, a maker of extruded UHMW-PE has recommendations for heat forming parts, as well as other "tabs" on that webpage covering UHMW-PE bonding, annealing, machining, and FAQS.