Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing New Kubota LMX 3174 snowblower questions ?

/ New Kubota LMX 3174 snowblower questions ? #1  

genze

Tractor
Bobcat, Kubota L6060 Cab
I'm buying a new snow blower for next season.

It will be going on the back of a L6060

I was looking at the L 2674 built by RAD for Kubota, but my dealer sent me a note saying the L2684 is being replaced by the LMX3174.

It appears to be a different unit because the weight he sent showed 760 lb. and I think the L2674 was listed as 660lb.

Does anyone know who makes the new units or have any opinions on the new LMX 3174 blowers.

They can probally still find me a L2674 but if the new one is 100lb heavier sounds like it is a more robust unit.

Thanks

/ New Kubota LMX 3174 snowblower questions ? #2  
I have no idea who makes them, your dealer should be able to tell you who makes them.

It all depends on what you want and need in a snow caster.

A two stage unit has an open auger system to the impeller.

A two stage unit like the Lynx? and the Pronovost TRC models has a rotating impeller
drum to eject heavy wet snows without plugging the chute and spout

A single stage snow thrower like the Reich or Rolba units has a solid cross auger with narrow flighting and no second stage impeller and requires 20 percent less power to run it.

/ New Kubota LMX 3174 snowblower questions ?
I have no idea who makes them, your dealer should be able to tell you who makes them.

It all depends on what you want and need in a snow caster.

A two stage unit has an open auger system to the impeller.

A two stage unit like the Lynx? and the Pronovost TRC models has a rotating impeller
drum to eject heavy wet snows without plugging the chute and spout

A single stage snow thrower like the Reich or Rolba units has a solid cross auger with narrow flighting and no second stage impeller and requires 20 percent less power to run it.

I was wandering if anyone has seen or had experience with the new Kubota LMX 3174 snow blower.

Thank You

/ New Kubota LMX 3174 snowblower questions ? #4  
I've had a Lucknow for 25 years or more and couldn't be happier . These are heavy and well made but don't know if they are available in the states. They have a large angle iron frame to hook the 3 pt hitch to. A friend has a newer Kubota tractor and I'm guessing a Kubota blower, possibly made by Rad for Kubota. The point of this story is that the arms or frame on his going to the 3 pt. hitch are solid tube . Somehow they got water in them and froze and over the last few years the tube is cracked and bulging out somewhat. This same thing sometimes happens to trailers that have a tube frame in the northern climates.
Al