Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation?

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation? #1  

oldafretired

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901, MX5800, U55
Just ordered one and was told it doesn't come with hoses so do you know what size hose fitting fits the hydraulic cylinder?

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation? #2  
I'm using 1/4" hose on my Puma 74", just waiting on the Kubota dealer to get the male couplers for my rear remote station.

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation?
I'm using 1/4" hose on my Puma 74", just waiting on the Kubota dealer to get the male couplers for my rear remote station.

Hi Rich. Does the cylinder already come with a fittings for the hoses and if so what size is hose end of the fittings? If not, do you know what size male fittings the cylinder uses? I was thinking of ordering 1/4" hoses also. Thanks!

Hope your fittings come in soon so you can test it out. Did you get your PTO shaft cut to fit yet?

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation? #4  
No Puma but have a Lorenz 84" here. Bought used and it came with 1/2" hoses. Threads on the hyd. motor were also 1/2". 1/4" hoses would have been fine just would have had to use reducing bushings.

No Puma but have a Lorenz 84" here. Bought used and it came with 1/2" hoses. Threads on the hyd. motor were also 1/2". 1/4" hoses would have been fine just would have had to use reducing bushings.

Thanks for the info!

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation? #6  
IMG_3636.JPGIMG_3637.JPGIMG_3638.JPG

Sorry for the delay. Here's my motor with 3/4" threading.Waiting for couplings next week, then I'll cut driveshaft, and get everything dialed in. Jobs this week needed box scraper anyway.

View attachment 523128View attachment 523129View attachment 523130

Sorry for the delay. Here's my motor with 3/4" threading.Waiting for couplings next week, then I'll cut driveshaft, and get everything dialed in. Jobs this week needed box scraper anyway.

Thanks for posting the photos. You got the expensive orbital motor! I didn't specify which one when I ordered but I think I'm getting the cheaper regular hydraulic cylinder though. Looks like you have 1/2" O-ring boss fittings (ORB) which should be the same as -08AN O-ring. I like those much better than the regular NPT/NPTF fittings since you don't need any sealer.

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation? #8  
Hello RichM752 and oldafretired,

Rich,

You need to have your hydraulic shop order British Standard Pipe hydraulic fittings for the valve on your snow blower. It has a blue dot B.S.P. o-ring with a steel washer and a nut to compress the O-ring to the body to seal it.

The British Standard Pipe fittings are designed to allow fine adjustment of the fittings on hydraulic valve bank stacks that have B.S.P. threads and fittings.

/ Anyone have a Puma 84 with hydraulic chute rotation? #9  
Hello RichM752 and oldafretired,

Rich,

You need to have your hydraulic shop order British Standard Pipe hydraulic fittings for the valve on your snow blower. It has a blue dot B.S.P. o-ring with a steel washer and a nut to compress the O-ring to the body to seal it.

The British Standard Pipe fittings are designed to allow fine adjustment of the fittings on hydraulic valve bank stacks that have B.S.P. threads and fittings.

Thanks so much!! I'm headed to the Kubota dealer Tuesday to pick up couplers and will pass the info on along with photos to ensure the correct set up. I love this forum.