Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ??

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #1  

Joe Dee

Tractor
2017 Kioti CS2510 on order .. w/ Industrial tires, heated cab, FEL, and SB50 snow blower.
Has anyone used this "magnetic receptive" peel-n-stick material to mount a magnetic base cab-top strobe ?? I'm wondering if it's strong enough to resist vibration and high winter winds to securely hold a lightweight multi-pattern LED strobe in place ? Click here to see the light I recently bought.

I don't plan on bolting it to the roof. Reason, I don't have my tractor yet (CS2510 with dealer installed cab) and don't know if it will fit under a typical 7' garage door. Top of the light sits 3" above the mounting surface .. I don't know if I'll have that much clearance or even if the tractor itself will fit.

Many thanks,

-joe-

Last edited:
   / Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #2  
I don't see a link for "magnetic receptive" peel-n-stick material.
I've tried several "peel and stick" magnets for label on my toolboxes - all were so weak they fell off.
That being written if the magnets are strong enough, like the neodymium I've been buying you may be able to put a metal plate inside and the magnet will work through the roof.

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #3  
I would be tempted to mount it to the mirrors or side of the cab.Bottom back (above the rear window) I would think would be metal also.

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #4  
I can't permanently mount a roof beacon either because of the garage opening. I didn't consider a stick on metal disk, or even a bolt on for that matter. I'll have to look into them.
I usually put a magnetic strobe on the rear blade when roading between plows, but it's a pain to unplug for every driveway I plow.

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ??
Sorry, I can see the url. There's no http with it, just: alturl.com/cakey <-- paste that in your browser, should take you there. It's from Amazon, "Xprite Amber Yellow 36 LED 18 Watt". The peel-n-stick is not magnetic itself .. it's magnetic 'receptive', meaning magnets will stick to it. I thought about a magnetic plate either inside or siliconed to the cab top but figure this, if it works, would be simpler.

I have come across lots of flexible magnetic material that will slide down the fridge under it's own weight much less piggy-backing something else !!

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #6  
While their is some difference in the strength of the magnets they all hold in proportion to the ferrous material they are attracted to.
Skip your idea and either stick the light directly to the roof if it fits or use pos/neg magnets on inside and outside of the cab.

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #7  
What you might have to do (assuming there are no ribs in the roof to interfere) is mount a flat disc of 16 or 14 ga galvanized sheet metal to the roof for the strobe to stick to.

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ??
Good ideas .. thanks guys.

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #9  
Joe Dee It looks to be a nice light .

/ Magnetic-base LED strobe --> plastic roof ?? #10  
So why not stick a metal tab beside the side window to mount your strobe on? Make it low enough so the you don't even have to remove it to get into your garage.