Moving snow

/ Moving snow #11  
Front plow rear blade here. I use them at the same time. I also plow a couple streets, courts and entrance to a subdivision.

A front bucket would be a major pain with spill over. However, if you did say a small driveway or needed to relocate the snow as appose to just pushing it to the side, a bucket would be fine.

Also know, a front plow has trip springs for when it makes contact with a hard object: a bucket is a hard impact and there will be a loser. Wether it be the tractor side, the object or curb you hit or both.

/ Moving snow #12  
IMG_1342.JPG

IMG_1342.JPG

/ Moving snow #13  
Winters here in Fairbanks are not for the weak for sure. I will be purchasing a tractor soon (hopefully) and that was how I was planning on plowing. A lot of the people up here use bobcats/skid steers with just a bucket. I figured a off-set rear blade would give me more options. I could probably find a old plow blade to convert over to attach to the FEL but I thought I would try the bucket/rear blade first.

The rear blade will cause maneuvering problems in tight commercial properties. Drop the rear blade idea entirely. FWIW, hands down the very best snow removal equipment are wheel loaders with a pusher blade. Wheel loaders maneuver better than tractors and are heavier in any given size than tractors. Trouble with tractors, skid steers and wheel loaders is transporting. My tractor drives 17 miles with every plowable snow event limiting how much ground I can cover because I've got an hour of just driving down roads between properties.

Look into a V plow wth a SSQA attachment method if you want a loader mounted solution, or a V-plow with a frame mount for your tractor and be sure to test the thing on pushing snow to make sure you can adjust the V angle while pushing a load of snow. The plow choice will determine or limit your tractor choices as not no plow manufacture supports every possible tractor. On the other hand, a good welder/fabricator can make a frame -mounted plow work with any tractor.

If you drop your loader, you can use the lift and curl hydraulic circuits to run a v-plow wings and lift. If you use your loader for a plow, you need one more hydraulic circuit. You can use one rear remote and run a pair of line up front under the tractor, or add a third function on your tractor's front end. Using a rear remote for windrowing a plow on a tractor is acceptable as you're less likely to need to use two different functions at the same time, as you would with loader work where you're often lifting and curling at the same time.

/ Moving snow
Thanks Eric, most of my use would be outside of town so I知 to worried about tight commercial areas. Plus Fairbanks is not real big town wise. I would mostly be doing drive ways out of town. Plus I do have a plow truck.

/ Moving snow #15  
I use a plow with my rear blade in tandem. If the snow is deep, I use the plow and when I go back for a second pass, I use both. The plow always leaves a little behind as well as trail off and the rear blade catches it and clears to the ground. I'll try to get some pictures to post.

/ Moving snow #16  
I'm back, cleaned up some more from the storm the other day and using the plow with the grader doing clean-up.P1060004.JPGP1060005.JPGP1060007.JPG

/ Moving snow
Thanks jajiu, that is a very nice setup you have. That is pretty much what I was looking at doing and thought it should work fine. Thanks

/ Moving snow #18  
Thanks jajiu, that is a very nice setup you have. That is pretty much what I was looking at doing and thought it should work fine. Thanks

The one thing I should point out, I have chains on the rear, but with all the ice this year, it is hard to control and the front of the tractor deflects sideways. I just ordered chains for the front as well. That should help fix that, that and a good thaw.

/ Moving snow #20  
IMG_1801.JPGIMG_1812.JPGIMG_1805.JPG

Put a brand spanking new cutting edge on the plow today. The old one was wore down a bit past where it should of been.

I feel this plow is now smiling. Hopefully we get some snow tomorrow night like they are calling for so I can try it out .... (and to help pay for it)