Ice Scraper attachment

/ Ice Scraper attachment #1  

Tractor
Branson 3725CH
Has anyone used a ice scraper attachment with there tractor? Just wondering if the loader arms on the FEL could handle the task. They make several different one with skid steer attachment. Thanks for any info.

/ Ice Scraper attachment #3  
I drop the rippers on my box blade to cut grooves if I get an icy spot. Never seen or heard of the scraper until I watched the YouTube video above. Seems awful specialized.

/ Ice Scraper attachment
They work really well removing hard pack. I have a couple of co-works that use them on there bobcat's for removing hard pack. Here in Alaska we wind up with a lot of hard pack due to the extreme cold. There is also a lot of money to be made removing hard pack especially right before break-up.

/ Ice Scraper attachment #5  
Looks like it would work well for hard packed snow on pavement. Not sure if you would find lots of scratches in the spring though. For a gravel driveway I think before the frost sets in you are going to be digging up lots of dirt, once the frost sets in it's just not going to get under the ice to break it free.

/ Ice Scraper attachment #6  
The other thing they do in my area is use blades that have carbide tipped “fingers” that make grooves in the ice on the roads. That seems to work good but I don’t know if a little CUT FEL would have the down force.

/ Ice Scraper attachment
Crazyal,

When it is used up here the ground is frozen and yes it will get up under the ice and pop it loose off of gravel. I now the attachment works great but was wondering about the loader arms on a tractor. My 2 co-workers made over $30K last year on the side removing hard pack but they both have bobcat skid steers.

/ Ice Scraper attachment #8  
At 30k in a winter I’d at least purchase it and see. The little CUTs aren’t typically designed for that type of abuse. But heck if the thing costs 3k you could do a few jobs to pay that off and decide if your machine can handle it or if you need to sell the scraper or buy a SkidSteer.

/ Ice Scraper attachment #9  
I used an old 3ph one way disk. Could have been fifty years old. Maybe Six Disks 24" or so in diameter. It did a wonderful job scouring the ice. Unfortunately, a cotter pin came out, causing one end to come loose and tore the bearing housing apart on the other side, so I scrapped it. Shame. It was good to have around.

/ Ice Scraper attachment #10  
i saw where someone tacked an old crowbar to the box weight so they could rip the ice, I welded a high grade bolt to one ripper on the box blade a few years ago,, and sharpened the end,, worked great