Snow Plowing for profit

/ Snow Plowing for profit #31  
As soon as you start doing it regularly, you can't stop.*

Yeah, once knowing freezing rain was in the forecast I decided to leave the 3 inches on the drives as that would absorb the water.
A usual WE client decided to drive up during the week and was very arrogant as hid drive was not 'squeaky clean'.
Usually we had 2 rates, one to assure WE clients service and another for full time residents, eg each and every snow event.
I explained my tactics but he insisted that I do his drive.

*LOL, did get somewhat even as I cleaned the drive but pushed as much snow into his walkway as I could, also made sure his car could enter but no wider.
I did it 'skeaky clean' and told him to find another plow guy as I was not interested .
Well he threatened to sue me.
Takes all kinds and some are simply A holes.

/ Snow Plowing for profit #33  
My neighbor and I plow my neighborhood (10 driveways and 1000' of right of way) with UTV's..None of our neighbors expect us to do it and are appreciative. We don't want nor expect anything in return--We do get the occasional case of beer which is nice. We have a great neighborhood and the fact that we get a little goofy once in a while with bonfires and the like, the plowing is good insurance against complaints. Besides, a couple of hours in the RTV gives me some quite time. I enjoy plowing just as long something else isn't after my immediate time.

Mar2010 026.jpg

/ Snow Plowing for profit #34  
My neighbor and I plow my neighborhood (10 driveways and 1000' of right of way) with UTV's..None of our neighbors expect us to do it and are appreciative. We don't want nor expect anything in return--We do get the occasional case of beer which is nice. We have a great neighborhood and the fact that we get a little goofy once in a while with bonfires and the like, the plowing is good insurance against complaints. Besides, a couple of hours in the RTV gives me some quite time. I enjoy plowing just as long something else isn't after my immediate time.

View attachment 532066

Everybody likes quiet time , I tell my wife tractor time is my time :laughing:

/ Snow Plowing for profit #35  
My neighbor and I plow my neighborhood (10 driveways and 1000' of right of way) with UTV's..None of our neighbors expect us to do it and are appreciative. We don't want nor expect anything in return--We do get the occasional case of beer which is nice. We have a great neighborhood and the fact that we get a little goofy once in a while with bonfires and the like, the plowing is good insurance against complaints. Besides, a couple of hours in the RTV gives me some quite time. I enjoy plowing just as long something else isn't after my immediate time.View attachment 532066

Cool setup you got there! It is amazing what a UTV will do with a plow. I love buzzing around town with mine.

/ Snow Plowing for profit #36  
Cool setup you got there! It is amazing what a UTV will do with a plow. I love buzzing around town with mine.

Snd plowing with them is so fast! I get such a kick out of coming roaring out of the garage with my ATV plow, full throttle, and tying into maybe 8 inches of snow. Whether I make it or not depends on how heavy the snow is, so it's always an interesting ride, but I'm always yelling Yeehaw!🎉

/ Snow Plowing for profit #37  
Now THAT is the attitude to have...YEEHAW!

/ Snow Plowing for profit #38  

Thanks..That was a pic from the day I brought it home..Sometimes in August when it's 90 outside I wonder--why do I have this thing..Then when there's a minus zero windchill and plowing to be done--I remember. ;)

Not that I don't use it around the property, but that stuff in the summer can be handled for less than half the cost with another UTV or my quad, which I use a lot...Oh well it's paid for, so I'll keep it. 149 hrs over 8 years and garage kept..Guess I'm hammering it. :D

/ Snow Plowing for profit #39  
Thanks..That was a pic from the day I brought it home..Sometimes in August when it's 90 outside I wonder--why do I have this thing..Then when there's a minus zero windchill and plowing to be done--I remember. ;)

Not that I don't use it around the property, but that stuff in the summer can be handled for less than half the cost with another UTV or my quad, which I use a lot...Oh well it's paid for, so I'll keep it. 149 hrs over 8 years and garage kept..Guess I'm hammering it. :D

I have a nice polaris ranger with full cab, heat, with wiper blade etc. About 300 hrs. Bout it new in 2010. I have an itch for an RTV and I am trying not to scratch it. Here is a small clip of plowing with the Ranger and Denali plow with hydro angle. These UTVs do a pretty good job.

/ Snow Plowing for profit #40  
When did "Man Toys" become so expensive? When working and raising kids couldn't afford them. Now that I am retired, still can't afford them because the costs are ridiculous.

I retired 12 years ago and spent $6K on a '91 F-350 with a snowplow. 2 years ago, I found a Troy-Bilt riding tractor with a 3' snow blower for $300. I see UTV's are selling for $8-20K and while great fun are out of my league.