BX SSQA Plow - Which One?

/ BX SSQA Plow - Which One? #1  

Old Red

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 HDC
So I am searching for a SSQA 60 or 72 inch plow for my little BX. I have the third function so a hydro angle would be nice. I priced the land pride 60 inch with SSQA hookup today for $2,100 out the door with hoses, poly wear bar, rubber flap, and markers. Anyone have any good suggestions as to where to look for a cheap SSQA plow that is lightweight enough to use on the Lil BX?

I have a very nice Hyrdo Plow for my Polaris Ranger but that thing lives at the farm and i would like to have something here. I have looked at BXpanded plow but I would prefer a true SSQA plow.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

/ BX SSQA Plow - Which One? #2  
I took a blank SSQA plate and welded mounts to hook up a Meyer truck plow. Plates are $125-$150, and you can get used plows for a few hundred bucks on Craigslist. I spent $350 and have a great plow setup.

/ BX SSQA Plow - Which One? #3  
I took a blank SSQA plate and welded mounts to hook up a Meyer truck plow. Plates are $125-$150, and you can get used plows for a few hundred bucks on Craigslist. I spent $350 and have a great plow setup.
I built a plow for my L3200 like that. Small manual angle Jeep plow. Welded a 3pt quick hitch to a SSQA plate. Used the lift hooks as the pivot & ran a chain to the top hook for float.

Just make sure that the plow is at least a few inches wider than your tires when angled. Usually 30% wider accounts for the decreased effective width when angled.
IMG_20150117_153817.jpg

/ BX SSQA Plow - Which One?

Do you mind sharing/showing pictures of your setup? I do see plows for sale all the time on CL but they are usually fairly large. But that would definitely be the way to go to save some money and serve the purpose I want for around the house/handy. The land pride push box and the land pride plow both look nice. The plow is quite a bit more expensive. The small push box won't fit SSQA. Would a 375 pound plow setup be too much for a loader mounted SSQA plow for the Lil BX? Anyone tried a push box yet?

/ BX SSQA Plow - Which One? #5  
Can't take a pic right now. The plow is at the welding shop. I sheared one of the two mounting pins this spring when I was plowing the last storm of the season. Hit built up ice wall with the right edge of the plow and it sheared the 1" pins. Can't get the pin halves out of the mounting pipes. I was sure I'd have time to fix it between last winter and now, but no dice! I hope to have it back next week, and I'll take detailed pics.