Tires wider than the blower

/ Tires wider than the blower #12  
I have a 64" blower with a wheel width of 66". Not an issue. Only pain is if you are blowing a curve. Doesn't slow me down just puts the tire farther over than I want.

/ Tires wider than the blower #13  
I just hate driving over snow. Doesn't matter if it's driving the truck up the driveway before it's cleared, or the "snow removal machine" backing over something before snow removal begins, or because the tires are outside the clearing path. Whatever the reason, it packs down the snow into near ice, which cannot be removed via normal means, leading to eventual transformation into ice, often inches thick before winter is over.

Therefore I make every effort to NOT drive over snow before it's removed, and attempt to get every surface as clean as possible after every storm. Then put the salt to it.

/ Tires wider than the blower #14  
My blower is set very low. One time driving over the extra 2 to 3 inches of show on either side is not going to pack into ice. I catch it on the next pass. Now when I drive over it 6 times with my truck because I don't have time to do the driveway......that's another story. But it still usually gets most of it up.

/ Tires wider than the blower #15  
I have a 64" blower with a wheel width of 66". Not an issue. Only pain is if you are blowing a curve. Doesn't slow me down just puts the tire farther over than I want.

even with my blower being a bit wider, when I snow blow a curve, my rear tires overlap on the adjacent snow. Jon

/ Tires wider than the blower #16  
Do your rear axle shafts have more than one position for wheel width? My B1750 has two mounting holes for mounting the wheel hubs.

/ Tires wider than the blower #17  
According to several www sites, the average seasonal snowfall for Collegeville, PA is 26? Though it appears you get the occasional Nor弾aster with more.

Run what ya brung, doesn稚 sound worth investing much more.

/ Tires wider than the blower #18  
Wings are cheap, easy and effective. I made these for my snowblower out of 1/8" steel. They are strong enough to chip the cement on my garage apron without bending. That was not a test, but !@#$ operator error.

Snowblower wing 1a.jpg

Snowblower wing 2.jpg