14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #1  

bp fick

Tractor
John Deere X390
May as well go clean up the few inches of snow today. No plowing or pushing for the near future.

48 hours.jpeg

10262066_10206649654494962_6291410456001250360_n.jpg

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #2  
We are expecting a couple 6 inches tomorrow night. It looks like the high on Friday may make it into positive numbers but we'll see. The weekend doesn't look any better. We don't often get much snow when the temps are below 15 degrees or so. It's the only time when I would want a cab.

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #3  
You guys are nuts. I’d be eating ramen noodles and making soup with an old leather shoe for a cabbed tractor up there. I can’t believe that, don’t even know what that cold would be like. It’s 24 here and everyone is in crisis mode

Brett

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #4  
I am way, WAY farther north than the OP, but getting similar weather. In fact our lows are only around -5 because the lake is close to my house and still un-frozen. But I've had a few days so far when I was snowblowing at 0 or less, and it sure is brisk when atomized snow gets in your face at those temperatures (no cab, and wouldn't want one 80% of the time). A nice full face balaclava and ski goggles worked pretty well though. This morning it was +5 when I cleared the latest 8" off the driveway.

We're on a typical to moderately heavy winter pace right now, and getting about 2 feet of powdery new snow each week. A small town 15 miles SW of me set an all time snow record (for the county) in December with 119" recorded by a trained observer. Six months ago I wasn't sure if I wanted or *needed* a snowblower, but I got one and it was totally worth it.

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #5  
Does help to ward off cabinet taste of fresh air.
If you be so kind not to send those temps our way.

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #7  
I was really nice to see the temp over 20 here today. Gave me a chance to flush the heater core in my plow truck. Sucks not having heat in it but good for a few weeks hopefully. This winter sure has been odd. Snow coming tomorrow.

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #8  
now that i have a cabbed tractor id never go back. i get spoiled easily. i especially love driving past my neighbor when im out plowing other driveways and im in tshirt and hes bundled up like the kid from "a christmas story". Hes covered in snow head to foot. sometimes he gives me the finger....but were friends.

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #9  
We haven't had heavy snow for a week so my plowing is caught up and I can enjoy the cold weather in other ways. On the bright side, we are getting some good ice fishing in this year. We had fresh bluegill and catfish last night for supper. And a huge pile of hand cut french fries from our bumper crop of potatoes this year. Good food always warms my spirits. Come to think of it, good spirits warm my spirits too! ;)

/ 14F - May as well plow today, not gonna get any warmer #10  
You guys are nuts. I’d be eating ramen noodles and making soup with an old leather shoe for a cabbed tractor up there. I can’t believe that, don’t even know what that cold would be like. It’s 24 here and everyone is in crisis mode

Brett

24 degrees, we are barbecuing in a tee shirt.