Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #1  

majorwager

Veteran Member
Tractor
kubota mx 5100 IH 484 ford 1620 lull 844b
In taking advice to heart, post does not belong here. Error in judgement. It is a failed attempt to allow those with serious imput to continue a discussion after another thread was closed. The post will shortly disappear into the achieved annal of irrelevance. I again offer my mea culpa to those gracious enough to accept.

Last edited:
   / Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #2  
Best to open all climate change threads and ALL gun related threads over in Friendly Politics. They really don't belong here.

Yup, not here please

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #3  
It's winter. It snows. It gets cold. People drive over the snow with cars and tractors. It packs down into ice, which is hard to remove. Climate change or not, it happens pretty much every winter in all snowy climates. So why bring climate change into ice on the driveway in winter, other than to stir the pot some more?

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #4  
Plus the other thing is that climate change is a trend that (if true) happens over decades or hundreds/thousands of years. Winter cold spells and summer hot spells are always due to short term meteorological events. If the weather man can predict it (even poorly) a few days before it happens, that is your clue that it's just weather, nothing else.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #5  
Climate changes is generally a very slow process - unless there is a natural event - like being hit with a huge asteroid - extinction of dinosaurs, etc..

The current climate change alarms some people because it is readily visible in our lifetime, breaking the tradition of slow change over thousands/millions of years.

There are many signs of change - and people generally accept them as real. The disagreement that I see, results from what is the cause and is there liability involved. Is man the cause, or is it naturally occurring.

At this point- we are behind the action, playing catchup. --- It is not in my control, so I will just enjoy the milder winters (even with this cold snap, the temps are warmer than they were when I moved to Maine in the 1980's.) I enjoy the extended growing season. Hard frost which used to come in early September, now comes in late October, -
allowed me to harvest tomatoes for canning mid October this year.

I bird- and that is messed up. The once common boreal species are gone further north and the more southern species are with us all summer - cardinals replacing evening grosbeaks for one example.

As a society we don't plan for storms, hurricanes, mile wide tornadoes, winter/summer coastal flooding, huge forest fires, 3 digit temps, etc.. The insurance industry would like us to. The DOD lists climate change as a threat to national security.

It does not make much difference what I think, or what future is there for our children. I recognize the absence of control on my part - and will make do as I can. - I never thought I would need an air conditioner in Maine when I moved here - and I didn't for many years. Now - I couldn't live without it - just gets so damned hot!
Climate change- Global warming. It is.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #6  
   / Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #7  
   / Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #8  
It certainly is unusual that it is predicted next week we may see a temp rise of 60F. Temp could hit high 40's and snow melt? It's time to break out the beach chairs.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #9  
I suppose the concept of a "January thaw" is an old wives tale.

/ Climate Change & Current National Freezing Conditions #10