grass hopper blower

/ grass hopper blower #2  
whats your thoughts on them

Grasshopper has 2 blowers. They have a snow blower and a leaf blower. The leaf blower looks absolutely insane. But I have no used either of them. I have used the sweeptser broom on snow and it was great for 6 inch snows on sidewalks....slicked the surface up down to the asphalt or concrete very well.

/ grass hopper blower #3  
Does your mower have hydraulic lift? If not turning with the blower can be problem. Friend of mine has one of these and he also runs with tire chains or they will just sit and spin trying to push the blower on slick surfaces. Works better than front mount lawn mower blowers since the weight is on the drive axles.

Seems to built fairly well

Don稚 remember for sure but believe his is a two stage and throws the snow reasonably well.

/ grass hopper blower #4  
Grasshopper sno-blowers are NOT lifted by hydraulics...

They are lifted by a "spring assist" lever, or "optional" electric actuator lift...no hydraulics needed.

SR

/ grass hopper blower #5  
Don't seem too bad for light snow. If you already have a grasshopper unit for mowing, it would be worth looking into. Anything beats a shovel. The little cabbed unit would keep you dry. And the V plow unit they offer looks interesting if you have to do a lot of sidewalks.

I gotta wonder though, about the claims of large drift busting abilities when the drift they're going through doesn't appear to be a foot tall.

Anyway, here's a video. There are a ton more out there. Go on utube and start watching them.

/ grass hopper blower #6  
Here's a more realistic video.... you can see it bog a bit in snow that's probably been blown into already. That's to be expected. The bottom line is, that guy is warm and dry, his driveway is clear, and there's probably a few neighbors in envy, to say the least.

/ grass hopper blower #7  
I assure you, GH with their blower can and will blow a LOT of snow, even 18" deep snow and throw it a good distance... As long as you have a GH with a decent sized engine...

SR

/ grass hopper blower #8  
Looks like they have a liquid cooled engine options. Diesel. Heater..... sounds good to me.

/ grass hopper blower #9  
Too funny guys....the grasshopper is a snow removing machine. Here is me removing some snow a few years back with a sweepster. Great machine all the way around no matter what you use it for.

/ grass hopper blower #10  
I was in Salt Lake City a few years ago in the winter. They were using F series Kubotas with a cab and power broom to clear the sidewalks. It worked great. It was fast and removed all the snow. It didn't leave a slick surface like a plow does or regular blower does.