Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so,

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #1  

bluesaxe

Tractor
Cat 226 B, Bobcat 853H, Holder 967C
have you ever used a snowblower attachment instead of a bucket or plow? I have a lot of uses for a telehandler, but I need to run a snowblower attachment because my one mile of road has been cut into hills and plows don't work very well. Too many banks and too few spots to push the snow to. I was thinking a telehandler would be better than a loader if I had to use a bucket, but ideally I could run my snow blower attachment. Thanks for any feedback anyone might have.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #2  
You would need a self powered unit as I've never seen a "high flow" line to the boom end on a t/h.

images-1.jpg

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #3  
Bobcat has high flow on theirs and is rated for snowblowers...

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #4  

There is a "Telehandler" thread elsewhere around here by XFaxMan that just talked about this. Apparently Bobcat has a standard flow-capable snowblower for their CTH models.

Rob

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so,
I just found that thread and it's very helpful. Thanks.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #6  
Lull 844b. 8 ft debris bucket. 4WD. IT IS A BEAST,

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #7  

True for the Toolcat, but not the compact telehandlers.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #8  
What kind of power do the regular flow blowers have compared to a 60 hp PTO or a high flow blower?

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so, #9  
True for the Toolcat, but not the compact telehandlers.

I am still seeing snowblowers that are within the 21.1 gpm spec for the V519 or V723. What am I missing? Some are 14-31 gpm. Is 21 going to be underpowered?

Snowblower Specs

Asking, as I am considering a CTH instead of a tractor as well.

/ Anyone ever use a telehandler for snow removal? And if so,
I was told by a tech at Bobcat that the V519 had flow that was technically within spec for the large size blower I needed, but that it was at the weak end of spec and might have some issues with the wet, heavy snow I deal with. I ended up getting a larger telehandler with a huge bucket and will just use that rather than trying to deal with a blower that clogs too often.