3 pts snow blower throw further

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #1  

pekan

Tractor
Kioti CK 35 2009 with front loader
Hi guy's I have a 64in puma snow blower made by Pronovost in Quebec on a Kioti CK 35 , it's does not throw snow too far enough for my need, maybe 10 feet max. have any suggestion.:confused::confused:

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #2  
Broken shear pin on the impeller? Possible sheared or worn key on the impeller shaft? A friend of mine bolted sections of truck mud flap material on the vanes of the impeller on his snowblower and WOW did it make a huge difference in performance!

Grab hold of the impeller while the tractor is shut off and see if you can get any movement out of it without backdriving the PTO. Belt, gearbox, roller chain, shear pin, gotta be one of those.

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #3  
Along with the above, what are the snow conditions? Wet and heavy or dry and fluffy?

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further
Well snow was dry not to heavy no broken or loose parts but have about 1/4 inch between the imperler and the drum ...

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #5  
Tighten up the clearance between the impeller and drum, are you at full pto speed? Also from what little I've done with blowers they worked better the more snow going thru them.

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #6  
The 1/4" won't matter.

How long have you had the blower?

Has it ever thrown snow further?

What RPM are you running the engine?

How deep is the snow you are moving?

How fast are you running the tractor?

I'm still with mcfarmall, check further for sheared pins and such.

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #7  
i have a 1/4" on my quickattach brand blower and it will shoot dry snow 40 feet. wet snow about 15 feet. my old farm king 60" blower on a john deere 28 HP tractor shot it at least 30 feet. something doesnt seem right with your unit. are you operating it at proper engine rpm?

they do make poly liner kits that supposedly help with distance thrown, but ive never needed these and have been moving snow with a blower for 24 years

there is a member here named Leonz (i believe that right) thats a real pro when it comes to snow blowers (or casters as he calls it). hopefully he'el chime in

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #8  
The best thing I ever did for my two snowblowers was to get a can of paste wax for cars, and smear it all inside the snowblower housing, really lets the snow slide and fly off.

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further
The 1/4" won't matter.

How long have you had the blower? buy it in 2009 brand new

Has it ever thrown snow further? not really

What RPM are you running the engine? turning around for 540 pro rpm

How deep is the snow you are moving? between 6 to 16 inch but have power enough

How fast are you running the tractor? normal depend on condition

I'm still with mcfarmall, check further for sheared pins and such. and everything work ok pin bolt chain

/ 3 pts snow blower throw further #10  
Are all blower grease fittings and gears regularly well lubricated? Does everything rotate smoothly when the PTO is disconnected? Speed, snow depth and snow density has a lot to do with how well the blower throws snow in my experience. Wax works well for maybe 15 mins and then the abrasive snow has cleaned it off.