Winter in Maine

/ Winter in Maine
I'm ready for spring , I can't wait to get a garden going again .

/ Winter in Maine #12  
I lived just north of Maine in Riviere-du-Loup Quebec and drove through Maine a lot. Mike's and Sons in Fort kent was my first and favourite stop on my trek. Would go all the way from there to Buffalo and then back up to Canada and back. Maine has some beautiful hotels and restaurants. Oh the lobster rolls. You receive some serious snow though. If you do enjoy snowmobiling and live close to Quebec I suggest making a trip, you won't regret it. Our paths are very well kept.

/ Winter in Maine #13  
Jstpssng, where are you in Downeast Maine? I'm in Gouldsboro, between Milbridge and Ellsworth.

Looking like this 3rd Nor'easter is just gonna be a little dab of snow versus the foot+ we got out of the last two.

Good grief...back in the '70's I spent a couple years in Gouldsboro. Up high, stone house, not far off the turn from Rt 1. Small world.

/ Winter in Maine #14  
I'm ready for spring , I can't wait to get a garden going again .
Last fall I left carrots and parsnips in the ground, it will be interesting to see if they wintered over. So far all that I've done for spring is order my poultry and put the deposit on my pigs.

/ Winter in Maine #15  
We don't need the snow- and I won't miss it if it heads out to sea!

I don't mind sharing the snow with our southern brethren! I'm just grateful that our winters have been blowing up from the south - instead of dropping down from the north! That arctic Canadian air sure does chill!

/ Winter in Maine #16  
Good grief...back in the '70's I spent a couple years in Gouldsboro. Up high, stone house, not far off the turn from Rt 1. Small world.

Stationed at Winter Harbor by any chance? That's how I wound up here. Stationed at the Navy base, 6/73 to 2/76

/ Winter in Maine #17  
I'm on the northern tip of the Washington Cty in Topsfield, where Rte 6 and Rte 1 cross.
In hindsight that's really not "Downeast", hence I just edited that part of my profile.

Ah. The definition of the actual physical boundaries of "Downeast" varies depending on where you're from. You're in far Eastern Washington County, so by one set of definitions that counts, but you're also quite a ways North of the coast so by another set you're not.

Washington county is BIG so you're quite a ways from me.

/ Winter in Maine #18  
This one seems to have spun itself off to the east.

Attachments

• 7E2C5971-FAEA-4EF0-8CBF-17CF2B8ADEB3.png
    7E2C5971-FAEA-4EF0-8CBF-17CF2B8ADEB3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
   / Winter in Maine #19  
Stationed at Winter Harbor by any chance? That's how I wound up here. Stationed at the Navy base, 6/73 to 2/76

No, not at all. Worked in Bangor and went out with a woman from Gouldsboro so it was a typical Maine commute. I think we met through Uncle Henry's. While I felt better in the woods and farmland, I sure like the ship's clocks ringing off the time, the windy days (no bugs) and warmer climate of Gouldsboro. It's temping but a friend of mine would like if I bought a camp by him near Machias and moved there. That's pretty nice, too.
The 70's were just wonderful there. You live in a great spot.

/ Winter in Maine #20  
Our snow seems to have shut down for the year... :-( We still have a good base but some fresh stuff sure would be nice.