Winter in Maine

/ Winter in Maine #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
We have had over 10 ft. of snow this year and this is a picture of the last 20 plus inches we just had a few days ago . The B2650 does a very good job of taking care of it with the blower and rear blade . I have over 500 ft. of drive , plus a couple parking areas . If I didn't have a larger tractor with front bucket I would have preferred the rear blower and front bucket for the B2650 . I live on a town line and both plow trucks turn at the end of my drive and really mess things up at times with the big storms . They dump sand and leave piles of snow in places , and I don't like to blow sand through my blower .

/ Winter in Maine #2  
We like the snow that's why we live up here and not down south :D ( no offense you southern boys )

/ Winter in Maine #3  
We like the snow that's why we live up here and not down south :D ( no offense you southern boys )
I've always said that a good winter is one in which I get tired of the snow and cold. We aren't there yet, but I'm thankful that this week's storm won't be as bad as they originally called for. I'm running out of room to put it.
I'm also glad that I upgraded to a newer tractor last fall; I've put over 100 hours on it in just over 4 months.

/ Winter in Maine #4  
I've always said that a good winter is one in which I get tired of the snow and cold. We aren't there yet, but I'm thankful that this week's storm won't be as bad as they originally called for. I'm running out of room to put it.
I'm also glad that I upgraded to a newer tractor last fall; I've put over 100 hours on it in just over 4 months.

I'm getting snow down here :thumbsup:

/ Winter in Maine #5  
We will get a few inches up here, but a week ago they were talking about another 20 inches.

/ Winter in Maine #7  
Fingers cross that this nor'easter will slide up the coast w/very little affect like the last 3.

/ Winter in Maine #9  
Jstpssng, where are you in Downeast Maine? I'm in Gouldsboro, between Milbridge and Ellsworth.

Looking like this 3rd Nor'easter is just gonna be a little dab of snow versus the foot+ we got out of the last two.

/ Winter in Maine #10  
I'm on the northern tip of the Washington Cty in Topsfield, where Rte 6 and Rte 1 cross.
In hindsight that's really not "Downeast", hence I just edited that part of my profile.

Last edited: