Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snowblowing Engine Speed

/ Snowblowing Engine Speed #21  
I don't know about todays diesel engines by I do know that back in the day if you didn't run a diesel engine full bore it would load up until you couldn't get much power out of them.

If an engine was in a piece of equipment that wasn't expected to be run hard all the time they would put in a derated engine. An example is a crane lower unit gets idled around job sites a lot so they put in a derated engine. One of the cranes I ran had a 300 cummins which was a derated 350 cummings.

/ Snowblowing Engine Speed #22  
Last three tractors I had a snowblower on I didn't care what RPM the PTO was turning. I use foot throttle (gear drive)

PTO might be turning 600 RPM but it's dropping once the blower loads. Faster the blower turns the farther it throws snow!

Run 78" on 64 PTO HP now, digital readout exact PTO speed, still don't worry about it.

/ Snowblowing Engine Speed #23  
Last three tractors I had a snowblower on I didn't care what RPM the PTO was turning. I use foot throttle (gear drive)

PTO might be turning 600 RPM but it's dropping once the blower loads. Faster the blower turns the farther it throws snow!
I do the same thing (gear drive tractor/foot throttle).
If I want to throw snow farther I rev it way up. No need to throw as far I throttle down.

/ Snowblowing Engine Speed #24  
My WoodMax 60" was mounted to a John Deere 855 and your right about rpms, mine was wide open to throw 20' won't throw any farther. But blowing next to the tree line clearing the whole barn area two feet high, grinding through there when a huge wind came through the trees and in 3 seconds I was hyperventilating, I mean I might as well put a lawn chair in front of the chute...but that's the fun of blowing snow.
There's even times I use either walk behind instead of tractor just to put snow back in it's place. I did purchase a rubber paddle kit for my Yardman Snowblower impeller, need to install that. Has anyone installed rubber kit on their tractor blower?