Snow Attachments Which Implement

/ Which Implement #21  
The TRC-P-720 weighs in at 841 pounds, I was wrong, as they have apparently eliminated the TRC P-800 model.

Big whoopsy on my part as I had the old Pronovost catalog link until a couple of months ago.

The speed increaser is not available for the TRC-P-720.

That makes a lot more sense :D

/ Which Implement
The 2025R only had 18HP on the PTO this blower recommends 25 or more

/ Which Implement #23  
A lot of folks buy a wider snow blower than their mule has power for and
just travel slower on the first pass and and take half cuts on the next
passes so they can work faster.

Using the rotating impeller drum will let you clear snow at a faster rate
by bypassing the chute and spout and that was the other reason I suggested
it as you apparently have plenty of room to simply cast the snow to one side
or the other.

I was thinking ahead as you could put it on bigger mule when or if you trade.

Using an open auger snow caster has its issues as the auger ribbon will push the snow
forward as it advances.

Another option would be the Reist Series 1000 single stage snow thrower that can be
mounted on the front or rear of the mule.

All you would need is the front mounting plate and the drive shafts from Reist to attach to
the reversing gearbox.

The Series 1000 is 48 inches wide and can be mounted on this mule as it has a quick
attach system and a three point hitch mount welded to the snow blower frame.

When I checked last year the Series 1000 was $4000.00 Canadian loonies plus sales
tax that you can have refunded to you at the border crossing.
You can have a wings mounted to this snow thrower at an extra charge.

The single stage snow thrower like the Reist series 1000 is much less
complex to own and repair as it has a simple chain drive system that
rotates the snow blower rotor at 560-700 RPM.

You can change the sprocket size to have a higher operating speed with hand tools
and a bottle of blue loctite to hold the retainer bolts in place.
I posted several pictures of the Riest units on the snow removal page here.

They have several videos describing the snow blowers they make including the
Series 1000 which is the smallest single stage that they build at their factory in
Elmira, Ontario.

Reist has a dealer near Albany but I am not sure if they stock their snow blowers.

Buying a single stage snow blower from them directly will cost you less with the weak Canadian dollar now.

I had an original 1967 IHC hydro cub cadet with a one cylinder 12 horsepower Tecumseh and a 44"(I think that was the size) single stage snow thrower that was belt driven from the crank with the belt going to a one to one gear box on the snow thrower frame and I never had a bit of trouble with it. I wish I still had it.

/ Which Implement #24  
Hello Llewelllyn78,

I hope I have not nor do I wish to to cloud the issue for you as I want you to be an informed consumer.

The Reist folks just like the Pronovost family have been making farm machinery for a long time.

I wish the Pronovost family made a single stage unit but they do not.

I absolutely hate SOME 2 stage machines simply from my 48 years of personal experience.

The problem with 2 stage machines which I have gone in to great detail with over time here on
the forum is the basic open auger design and the impeller.

Toro had the best of both worlds where they had a solid cross auger and a second stage impeller and
it worked very very well but it was poor seller because it was built like tank and the snow blower rotor was chain driven.
and fed a metered amount of salt into the impeller housing. All it needed a bigger motor.

The Reist Series 1000 units are well built and have full welds and it is very easy to repair with common hand tools.

The biggest mistake people make is that they travel too fast when clearing snow with 2 stage machines which reduces the
efficiency of the 2 stage machines-the use of an open flight auger only complicates the issue.

A single stage machine will never fail you as it is direct drive with a roller chain drive system and I can tell you that from my personal experience with IHC cub and the Wheel Horse single stage machine that my father owned and passed down to my younger brother for his place.

Once you have the engine running at PTO Speed or a bit higher and begin clearing with the single stage machine you will see how well it works using fluid film on the chute and the snow blower rotor will help you clear snow without clogging.

If you mount the Series 1000 on the front of the 2023 and use the mid drive system it will work well but it requires more equipment/parts wherein the rear mount series 1000 is ready to work right off the delivery truck after you check the oil in the gearbox and grease the snow blower rotor bearings. If you purchase a hydraulic chute rotation that will save wear and tear on your arm and shoulder.

The front mount 2 stage units have lots of parts and wear parts and I have a belt driven John Deere 44 inch 2 stage snow blower made by RAD in Canada for my LA115 that is poorly made and when they shipped it to John Deere it was missing parts and the dealer I bought it from was no help either.
I did not find out it was missing parts until 7 years later(this year) and I have to order the missing parts when I talke dto another dealer and he was kind enough to send me a service bulletin describing the issues the unit has.

Even if you buy a 30 series for use with a Reist series 1000 you will be much better off as the mule will have plenty of power and
will never be short of power for the single stage unit. The smaller 2 stage units have the inherent problem with the cross auger that constantly kicks the deep snow pack forward and it takes a lot of effort to get rid of it when the single stage does it on the first past.

The only thing the single stage Reist units lack is a slick liner on the snow blower chute but that is something that can be installed with an electric drill, flat washers carriage bolts for the chute interior to attach the slick liner and nylock nuts for the outside of the chute and you will not have issues with plugging the chute.

Leon

Last edited:
   / Which Implement #25  
I vote for a loader and a rear blower!

I find that the most practical too, Loader for open yards and blower for long driveways .

/ Which Implement #26  
I live in upstate NY and used an open station tractor with a snowblower last year. The light, fluffy lake effect we get will coat you completely and it ain't no fun! I now have this set up and use the snow bucket for anything under 1.5 feet. The benefit over a pusher besides being able to use it for light materials off season, is if the pile of snow in front of you grows too big to push(I do a long driveway) you pick it up and dump it off to the side. IMG_1820.jpgIMG_1822.jpg