Snow Equipment Buying/Pricing Good way to save on plowing equipment

/ Good way to save on plowing equipment #1  

rdl

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740
As some of the members here may know I use to work for a snow plow manufacturer in Quebec before building my website and starting my own business. What many consumers don't know and can be helpful for them and their dealer of choice, is that right now is the time when most manufacturers of snow removal equipment are visiting the dealerships and preparing the booking orders for the fall. Once the orders are taken the manufacturers start building in spring and summer and deliver starting in September. They will also make extra inventory to satisfy last minute buyers but most of the manufacturing and assembly is done during the summer months.

I know most people have just finished plowing and don't want to think about snow, but if you are likely to buy a plow or blower for next season right now would be a great time to talk to your local dealer, giving you a better shot of saving money by letting them know what to order in advance. The cost savings, especially on larger plows and blowers could be substantial and for most part you will only need a deposit to place the order. This might also be a good chance to find brand new product left over from last season at a reduced price.

Sincerely
Mike

/ Good way to save on plowing equipment #2  
This is absolutely true.

I worked for a snow plow maker as well and their busy time of year is Summer to make the new plows for the next winter. Spring is when they give their distributors price incentives, so order now for the lowest prices.

The company I worked for built plows specifically for tractors too.