Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Clearing Snow

/ Clearing Snow #31  
I should correct my post.
<font color="blue"> It's a nice toy. </font> /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Should have read.
It's a nice TOOL. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Clearing Snow #32  
So far, I've done all my snow removal from 300 ft of driveway with the FEL. The largest storm we have had in the two years I've lived here, has been that two footer. To date, I couldn't have justified the blower, but a coupla more two footers, and I'll be making the call. It would probably arrive at the height of summer. <g>

I have a difficulty in that, for most of the length, I simply cannot throw snow to the side - it all goes to one end or t'other.

/ Clearing Snow #33  
Having cleared snow with both the blade/FEL combo and a snowblower, I would never go back to the blade. It takes me less than 1/3 the time with the blower and no piles.

/ Clearing Snow #34  
Hey Tom - I can do you one better than spending money on the cab - I bought a pair of snowmobiles this year. Talk about depressed there is no snow!

/ Clearing Snow #35  
I'm fortunate to have both machines ready to go when (if ever it snows) my Deere has the FEL and RB. The cub has the blower....I enjoy the blower the best, but like having the 4wd of the compact.

Last years shots...

Ducati

6766P1010006-med.JPG

6766P1010001-med.JPG

/ Clearing Snow #36  
another snow removal tool - when there is snow of course /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6766P101000100-med.JPG

/ Clearing Snow #37  
Sure, but how much snow can a Lab really eat?
/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Clearing Snow #38  
They dont eat that much, but they move quite a bit on their nose. Mostly right into your thigh when you let them back in the house.
/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Clearing Snow #39  
Blade and FEL for the wet heavy stuff and slush. Also for cleaning up the surface layer left by the blower before it melts & refreezes into ice.

Blower for light dry snow when the temperatures drop and serious winter sets in. Using the blower on slushy slop is a joke at best and an endless series of clogs at worst.

My little one's green and my big one's orange, ducati. Except for the lab, we've got it covered the same way /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif.
Bob

/ Clearing Snow #40  
Bob,

I don't agree. My blower, whether it be because it is sized right or what, gets right down to the pavement and here is a pic of our last storm, which was about as wet a snow as I've ever seen. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Link to big picture.