Snow Equipment Owning/Operating FEL worked great on the snow today.

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #1  

RalphVa

Tractor
JD 2025R, previously Gravely 5650 & JD 4010 & JD 1025R
I first fired up the Gravely and used its snow plow. It left its usual approx. 1/8" of snow on the driveway. When I got to doing the turnaround area in front of the garage, I decided to try out the JD 4010 FEL. The Gravely's ag tires with studs worked well, but it was very dry stuff that typically provided good traction even to its dual turf tires.

The JD 410 FEL worked GREAT! Glad I have the 4010 and not the 2210. The bucket with downforce makes steering ify. The brakes worked to steer it where needed. I left the soil ripper on the back to provide weight in the back, in addition to the weighted tires. The bucket cleared the snow all the way. Wife didn't have to do her usual followup with snow shovel.

No wheel spinning at all going up the hill from the basement of the carriage house, down slope from the driveway.

Uprooted one of my 4x4s at the end of the turnaround area before the slope to the carriage house basement. Put it back and "hammered" it back in place with the FEL.

Bucket level indicator was invaluable in telling me now level the bucket was. Until I watched it, wife was yelling that the tip of the bucket wasn't down.

Another step to possibly being able to sell the Gravely?

Ralph

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #2  
I used my 410 FEL with a 4110 to do the snow for the first time today too. This was the first time we got enough snow to bother. It worked really well. My back is pleased with the result.
Cliff

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Another step to possibly being able to sell the Gravely?
)</font>

I'm in the same boat! I haven't used my Gravely to mow or plow since I got my TC24. I don't even really have room for it. But I can't bring myself to part with it. I thought maybe the kids would learn to mow with it, but really the TC24 is safer and I have a wide open flat yard. The Gravely is tough to "yank" out of forward and has no hydraulic lift. But its nice to know its there if I need to be doing some grading work with the bigger machine and not want to bother with putting on the deck, I know the Gravely will mow for as long as I want to go.

Brad

/ FEL worked great on the snow today.
My Gravely (with crossed blades) does a great job going around my shrubbery in the front yard and leaves no wind rows like my mulching LawnBoy. Also still need it (or Lawnboy on carryall) to get in close around stuff down there in my little orchard. Plan to use the rotary plow to put furrows around the perimeter of my garden in the spring.

I'll probably keep it. Now that I know the JD works so well, I may pull the right side wheel on and double up on the axle seals where it leaks a tad. Can swap half the brakes shoes that got oiled up there with the other side to even them out.

Anyone want to buy a MacKissic shredder that fits on a Gravely though. Will definitely get rid of it, if I can. It's virtually like new. Doesn't have a chipper. First $100 takes it, but no delivery.

Ralph

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #5  
RalphVa
Where's the pics? I wanted to see some snow!
Sherpa

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #6  
RalphVa,

So did mine. With the extra weight (500 Lbs) I just put on the 3 pt. hitch I was able to plow (push) snow for the first time & that's with turf tires. Of course it's so cold out snow is pretty dry.

sherpa,

You wanted to see snow....well here you GO !!

Attachments

• 570332-Snow Plowin 1.jpg
    570332-Snow Plowin 1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 314
   / FEL worked great on the snow today. #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( You wanted to see snow....well here you GO !! )</font>
That's a beautiful site. That nice blue tractor, the slight blue-white of the snow, and it's no where near me!(the snow not the NH) How could one ask for more? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #8  
<font color="blue"> That's a beautiful site. That nice blue tractor, the slight blue-white of the snow, and it's no where near me!(the snow not the NH) How could one ask for more? </font>

I always hear you say something along those lines, but I think deep down you know you wanna come play in the snow. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I always hear you say something along those lines, but I think deep down you know you wanna come play in the snow. )</font>
I'm beginning to think that the snow has affected you guys terribly. Especially if you think I REALLY want to come play in the snow!
I think you're all coming undone ARRRGGGGHHHH. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif John

/ FEL worked great on the snow today. #10  
Hi, I'm a city boy who wishes he was in the country. Bought my Kubota to clear a piece of retirement land in Maine. I didn't want to leave it in Maine for the winter so I brought it home. I had no plans to use it this winter, then mother nature decided to drop 30+" on us this weekend.
My problem in the city is not how to move the snow ( shovels, snowblower etc.) It's where to put it. My loader sure came in handy for this. I'm going to try to upload some pics my wife took on sunday, I've never done this, I hope it works

Attachments

• 571100-Snow-02.gif
    571100-Snow-02.gif
    68.2 KB · Views: 199